The One Part 81

Taylor POV:

"Shut up." , Patricia said giving her a little shove.

The words caught me off guard, my 9-year-old daughter would not have a boyfriend on my watch.

"You...you have a boyfriend, Patricia?" , I asked shocked.

"No.", she said as if I were the kid.

"Then why did Daisy say you did?"

She shrugged. "Can I just FaceTime daddy?"

I only called him a few minutes ago and he didn't seem that busy. "Sure." , I replied. "But make it quick, we're having dinner soon."

Daisy was about to join her, but I stopped her. "So, honey." , I said bending down to her level. You said Patricia has a boyfriend. How do you know."

"'Cause they were holding hands and I saw them kiss during arts and crafts today."

Oh. My. Gosh. Joe needed to come home. "Alright, thank you, honey. Now, why don't you play with your brother's on the playset until dinner's ready, okay?"

She nodded, then ran off.

After calming Lily down, and giving Patricia enough time to FaceTime her dad, I decided to go talk to her, knocking on the door.

"You can come in." , she said.

I creaked open the door, stepping in. "So, honey. What's his name?" , I asked sitting on her bed next to her.

"I already told you I don't have a boyfriend." , she replied, going back to reading.

"Okay. Okay. So you're a little embarrassed."

"Mom!"

"Honey, I'm sorry but you're too young to have a boyfriend."

"I don't have one! And even if I did, I'm not too young. Ellie has one."

"Yes, but I am not Ellie's mother, I'm yours and I'm telling you I don't want to start dating until you're...sixteen."

"Sixteen!" , she shouted. "That's old."

"Well since you don't have a boyfriend right now, what will two years do?"

She stuttered for a second. "But it's unfair!" , she screamed.

"Sorry, Patricia." , I said standing up. "The rule will be the same with the rest of your siblings."

As I left the room, I could hear her screaming from the room, I was afraid the triplets were leading her in a bad direction with her behavior, but I was only starting to realize how hard life was without Joe, now.