The One Part 62

Taylor POV:

A year later Joe and I decided to host Thanksgiving at our house. We rarely had parties anymore but I thought that the triplets could handle it. The guests would be coming over for dinner and it was only 9:00 so there was plenty of time to set up.

All the kids were playing in the living room and I peeked at them through the kitchen. They had a playroom and playground so I never could understand why they liked it here.

"Should we tell them?" , Joe asked me wrapping his arms around my waist.

 "I don't know." , I said. "What if they don't want another sibling and they're in a bad mood for dinner." 

"They're going to find out eventually."

I sighed. "I guess." , I mumbled

A minute later and the kids had collected on the couch. I didn't even know where to start and these were my kids.

"Well...", I heard Joy say slowly beside me. "You all will be getting another sibling."

"No!" , Patricia cried.

"Really?!", Daisy asked jumping off the couch.

"Yeah!" , I replied

"Is it a girl?" 

"No, I want it to be a boy." , Jack said

"Yeah!" , David butted in.

"Well, we don't know yet." , Joe said.

"And when aren't you happy, Patricia?" , I asked.

"I don't want another sibling! Isn't four enough?!" , she cried.

"You love the triplets." , I said. "And this way, you're going to get your own room."

Patricia thought for a moment deciding what to say next. "I don't care!" , she screamed and Daisy covered her ears not liking the loud noise. 

I sighed, happy that at least three of our kids were excited. 

A few hours later and all the guests had arrived. Patricia had finally calmed down which was a relief and the triplets were thrilled for their family to arrive, this would be their first party. Austin was the last guest to arrive and he had the longest commute here, it would also be the second time he met the triplets.

Austin POV:

I knocked on the door to Taylor and Joe's house right on time. I knew I was a bit late but I was expecting all the traffic. 

"Hi-hi!" , Daisy said opening the door.

"Hi, Daisy." , I said crouching down to give her a hug. "You probably don't remember me but-"

"You're Uncle Austin! You're mommy's brother! My brothers and sisters are in the kitchen. I'll take you to them." , she exclaimed taking my hand and taking me into the kitchen.

Taylor POV:

Finally, it was time to eat. I was really hungry considering that I was pregnant and I hoped that our kids hadn't told anyone about the baby.

All of a sudden, I felt something strange in my stomach, it felt like the baby was kicking. I pressed my hand to my stomach under the table, trying to focus on the conversation, I didn't feel good.

"I'm going to get the pie from the kitchen." , I said weakly then rushed into the kitchen. I hoped no one noticed something was wrong as I steadied myself on the counter, I wasn't ready to tell my parents and I didn't want Joe worrying like he always did.

"Hey." , I heard a voice say behind me. "Are you alright."

"Yeah." , I said turning around. "What's up."

"You didn't look okay." , Austin said ignoring my question.

"Just forget it." , I said crossing my arms.

"I promise I won't tell mom and dad." , he said

I sighed, running my fingers through my hand. "Fine. The kids know, but I was going to wait to tell everyone else...I'm pregnant."

 Austin blinked. "What?" , he asked.

"Yeah....", I said awkwardly. "But you promised not to tell."

"I'm not." , he said. "Congrats Teffy."

"Thanks." 

A minute later we arrived back to the table. I kept an eye on Austin, he wasn't always the best at keeping secrets.

"Well...", Joe said. "I think we should go around the table and say what we're thankful for.

Everyone went, and then it was Daisy's turn. I was worried she wouldn't know what to say and I held my breath.

"Um...", she began. "I'm grateful that Mommy's having another baby and I get to be a big sister."

No, everyone was staring at me wide-eyed.

"What?" , Austin asked playing along.

"We were going to wait to tell you all." , I said softly.

"I can't believe this." , Joe's mom said. "Congratulations." 

Joe grabbed my hand under the table and beamed. "Thank you."

"I can't believe this." , my dad said. "This is the best Thanksgiving ever!"