The One Part 37

Taylor POV:

"And here are all of her toys. If she starts crying give her Mr. Bear, and give her her rattle before she goes to sleep. The formula is in this bag." ,I explained handing him the bags. "Take her on walks in the morning and after noon and you can let her walk a bit, just hold her hand because she likes to run off."

I felt Joe put his hand on my shoulder and pull me closer to him. "She's just a bit nervous. Sorry."

"Sorry." ,I mumbled blushing. I knew sometimes I would get carried away.

"It's cool." ,Patrick said smiling. "I'm going to take good care of her, and we're going to have so much  fun, right Patricia?"

She mumbled something then buried her head farther into my shirt. She was turning out to be really shy. She got that from her father. 

"I love you, Patricia. We'll see you soon." ,I told her giving her a kiss. "You're going to have so much fun with Uncle Patrick."

She nodded as Joe said goodbye and I handed her to Patrick cautiously.

"No!" ,she cried stretching her arms back for me once in Patrick's arms.

I sighed and tried to go back to her but Joe grabbed my wrist leading me towards the car. "She's going to be okay. You have to learn."

"I know. It's just hard." ,I buckled my seat belt once inside the car and Joe pulled out of the drive as we waved to Patrick and Patricia.

Back at the house I was filling up bowls with chips while Joe was moving my awards upstairs. It's not I thought someone was going to steal them, but it felt like bragging, and I never bragged.

"Thanks." ,I said to Joe while opening the final bag of chips and pouring them into the bowl.

"No problem." ,he responded. But as he leaned in for a kiss I ran into the kitchen to grab the drinks.

"Everything alright, love?" ,Joe called as I placed the diet coke on the table be fore running back into the kitchen to get more.

"Fine." ,I said quickly hardly listening.

"You seem stressed. Are you nervous about the party?" ,he asked coming over to me as I brushed my fingers through my hair. That's when I realized I hadn't put on my make up yet.

"Yeah...." ,I mumbled whipping around and putting my arms around Joe's neck peeking at the clock. I had thirty minutes to put on makeup. "Baby, could you please put the rest of the things out. I didn't do my hair or makeup yet." 

"I think you look great but okay." ,he said hesitantly. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Uh-huh!" ,I said pecking his lips then sprinting upstairs.

Joe POV:

I was still worried something else was happening. Taylor was hardly very like this and when she was it freaked me out. 'But it must be about leaving Patricia. Or the party' I told myself getting more food for the guests. 

Once I finished putting the rest of the food out, the door knocked.

"Taylor, someone's here." ,I called moving over to the door.

"Coming!" ,she shouted running back down the stairs as I opened the door.

There stood Adam. Next to him was a girl around my age holding his hand.

"Hey Adam!" ,Taylor exclaimed hugging him. Then she turned to the girl. "Hi, I'm Taylor!"

"Hi, I'm Emma. Thank you so much for having this party! It was so generous of you!"