The One Part 78

Taylor POV:

A couple weeks later and school for the kids was finally over, something that I loved at there age but now dreaded, since I would be in charge of five kids for a couple months. My solution was to invite Selena over to help me. 

"Come on Lily, eat the peas!" , I begged, holding out a heaping teaspoon for her.

"Uh!" , she protested, immediately shutting her mouth.

"Mommy, can I go to Ellie's house today?" , Patricia asked.

"I don't think there will be time, honey."

"Why not?"

"'Cause I want to go to the park." , David whined.

"I want to go to the mall." , Daisy said.

I sighed, putting my face in my hands, I needed Joe and where was Selena. But just as I was thinking that someone knocked on the door, and I bolted it open, revealing Selena, with a huge smile on her face.

 "I heard you needed some help with the kids?" , she asked.

"No. I asked for us to hang out." , I argued.

"But you want me to help with the kids, right? Be honest."

"Yeah." , I mumbled. "Thank you so much for doing this." , I hugged her, shutting the door.

"That's what friends are for." 

"Waaaaaaaaaah!!" , Lily screamed right on cue.

Selena gasped. "The baby! I've never met her before! Where is she?!" 

"In the living room." , I announced. "I haven't seen anyone so happy to hear her cry since...", then I stopped myself, realizing what I was about to say.  

"Since when?" , she asked lifting Lily out of her chair. "Hi, sweetie."

"Since...Adam came over." , I said slowly.

"Woah. Woah. What happened?" 

"Mommy!" , Patrica yelled making Lily cry even harder. "I'm waiting!" 

"Why don't you and your siblings play in your room for a while and we'll all do something fun together later."

Patricia looked confused at first, never having met Selena, but her eyes began to brighten. "You're Selena Gomez!" , she shrieked. 

"Um...yes I am." , Selena said slowly. 

"I did a project about you in school." , she exclaimed.

"Patricia...", I scolded her. "You shouldn't say that." 

"No, it's fine." , Selena replied. "It's really nice to meet you, Patricia." , she stretched her arm out that wasn't holding Lily to give Patricia a half-hug. 

"Bye, Selena!" , Patricia said after running away.

"How do you do that?" , I asked awestruck as we sat down. "Patricia never listens to me anymore."

Selena shrugged. "I don't know. But tell me more about what Adam did. And where's Joe?" 

After I told her about Adam visiting and him telling me about his feelings, and Joe getting a role in a movie, but him not being happy about Adam kissing me. She listened carefully while Lily teethed on her fingers. When I was finished with my long, emotional story, Selena was quiet for a  moment.

"Wow." , she said. "Wow. I kinda get why he's mad."

"What?" , I asked surprisingly. "You...you aren't going to defend me?"

She scoffed. "You cheated on him!" 

"I have defended you so many times and helped you through so much!"

"Name one time." , she said standing up and crossing her arms.

I scoffed back. "Justin?! I still don't think you're over him and I can not even count how many times I talked you out of going over to his house and begging forgiveness."

"I didn't need you then." 

"Yes, you did. And you still do!"

Just then, there was a thump and I looked down to see Lily had fallen off the couch and onto the ground as she started screaming.