The One Part 80

Taylor POV:

After I had explained everything that had happened with Lily to the kids I decided to call Joe for the first time in a few months. I figured he would want an update on how the kids were. I had found a last-minute summer camp for Patricia and the triplets to go to, that would get them outdoors since I didn't think I could handle another minute of screaming from them.

Dialing Joe's number in my phone while holding Lily, it began ringing and for a moment, I didn't think he was going to pick up.

"Hey." , he said. "How are the kids?"

"Hey." , I replied not caring that he didn't ask about me. "Patricia and the triplets are good, they just started a summer camp but Lily broke her leg and-"

"She broke her leg?!" , Joe asked angrily. "What happened?" 

"It was just a fall." , I mumbled.

"Why weren't you watching her? Gosh, I should've taken the kids to California with me." 

"I know how to raise my kids!" , I snapped. "Guess what, it was your decision to go to California, not mine, and I'm in charge of the kids now and unless you plan on quitting or whatever, stop attacking me."

"I managed to keep Patricia alive when you were on tour. And you told me to go!"

"We only had one kid then. I did not tell you to go, I gave you approval. Overall it was your decision."

There was a pause. Then, "I bet you only wanted me to do this so you would feel better about yourself, I bet you have Adam over there right now."

"Well, I don't." , I shouted. "I never thought you would think that about me!"

"You did before."

A second later I heard Lily start crying, great, I had woken her up.

"I don't have time for this." , I said. "I got to go."

"Don't just hang up because you know I'm-"

Before he had time to finish I hung up. Placing the phone down on the counter I went over to get Lily, passing Meredith who gave me her normal hiss.

When I went into Lily's room, I saw her clutching the side of her crib, standing on one leg, I had no idea how she was able to stand up with her cast. I gasped, pulling her out to get her to stop crying, this is what Joe would be missing while he was all the way in California.

"Mommy!" , Patricia shouted pounding on the door. "We're home!"

Rushing over while still holding Lily, I opened the door to her and the triplets. 

"Hey everyone!" , I said giving them all hugs with my free hand. "How was your first day at summer camp?"

"Good." , they all replied at once.

"And Patricia's got a boyfriend." , Daisy added.