The One Part 59

Four months after being on the Ellen show and the triplets were turning on. It felt like only yesterday that I was finding out I was finding out I was having triplets and holding all three in my arms when Patricia looked curiously over at them, holding out her pointer finger for Daisy to grab onto.

I woke up earlier than usual the next day. I couldn't be happier that Patricia loved playing with the triplets, considering their age difference, but it meant that I didn't get off time alone with all three.

I slowly got out of bed, careful not to wake Joe. After waking Daisy up and putting him in the chair in the kitchen, I went to get the boys, both of which were awake.

"Good morning!" , I said softly to David pulling him gently out of his crib and onto my hip. "You're one today!"

He squealed in response, putting his teddy bear's ear into his mouth and giggling. Next, I got Jack who did not look like he wanted to be up yet. For once, he glared at me, shoving his thumb into his mouth and pouting.

Finally, it was time for me to get my food, usually only consisting of cereal and coffee. I fed the triplets little pieces of fruit we kept in the middle of the table, but they seemed more interested in my coffee which was shocking since when I was pregnant with them, the smell of coffee would make me sick.

Daisy opened her mouth and I fed her another raspberry. All of the triplets were starting to get some teeth and nothing Joe and I gave them seemed to help with the pain.

"Good morning mommy!" , Patricia said to me rubbing her eyes. She was still in her pajamas on and something was shimmering in her hand, I couldn't tell what it was.

"Good morning honey." , I replied taking another sip of my coffee.

"Happy birthday Jack, David, and Daisy!" , she said giving them all kisses on the forehead. "And I want Daisy to have to today!" Patricia placed what I knew was her favorite tiara on Daisy's head.

The tiara was way too big for Daisy's head as immediately began sliding down her face as Patricia re-adjusted it.

"That's really nice of you, thank you, Patricia." , I said rewarding her for the good behavior.

"You're welcome! But she only gets it today." , Patricia replied hopping into her seat to start on the breakfast.

Later that day we decided that it was time for the triplets to try and blow out their first candle and have cake. Today was a Thursday, which was usually the day Joe and I spend without the kids, but it was the triplets birthday so we decided not to leave.

All the triplets were in their highchairs, Daisy in Patricia's old one and the boys in two other new ones. There were three separate vanilla cakes in front of each one, I had let the triplets try chocolate a few times but they didn't seem to like it.

Joe lit the one pink and two blue candles, the triplets staring at them wide eye but not wanting to touch them. Patricia was by my side and I Joe had already started recording the triplets reacting, my arm hooked onto his.

We all sang happy birthday to the triplets and then it was time for them to blow out their candles. Daisy surprisingly blew hers out the boys didn't understand what they should do.

"Why don't you help your brothers with there candles." , I told Patricia.

"Okay!" , Patricia replied coming into the frame of Joe's camera and blowing out Jack and David's candle.

Joe and I clapped and Joe took one more picture of all of them. The picture turned into a masterpiece, Patricia holding Jack and David. David was reaching out to Joe taking the picture which a huge smile on his face. Jack was staring at Patricia with a few fingers in his mouth and Daisy had cake all over her face and was giggling at me. She had two more handfuls of cake ready to be stuffed in our face. Joe and I ended up putting that picture in the hallway filled with pictures for everyone to see.

The night, after the kids had fallen asleep, like normal I was cuddled against Joe, one of my favorite places to be.

"So...", he began as I titled my head up and him, closing my book. "Since we couldn't do anything alone today. How about tomorrow we drop all the kids off at my brother's place or something and have all of tomorrow together."

"I like that." , I said softly as he gave me a kiss.

"I'm glad. Because I already kind'a have something planned."

l laughed. Normal Joe.

"I can't wait."