23.9

"Marry me one day."

Jungkook immediately regretted it the second he said it. Fuck, maybe Taehyung didn't want that kind of relationship. Maybe he wasn't someone who believes in marriage. He'll probably get tired of Jungkook in a year and throw him away. He didn't want to be a burden

The said person reaction didn't help his confidence.

Taehyung literally dropped Yeontan out of his knees, the poor dog falling on the floor. He was quick to pick him up and do a check to make sure the small creature was alright. The silence was tugging on Jungkook's feelings. "I'm sorry that was selfish..."

Taehyung finally looked at him. He had the sweetest smile on his face as he carefully grabbed Jungkook's hand. "If that's selfish then I guess I'm selfish too. If you're fine with having a husband that can be some hours off schedule, then I'm positive that I'll be able to fulfill that wish."

Both of them smiled at the remark, holding back laughter. The air in the room suddenly got lighter.

"I want kids in the future. A beautiful family after I've retired so that I can focus on taking care of them. And one day, I'll proudly tell my kids the story of how I met the love of my life" Taehyung grinned at his imagination and goals. Everyone knew that Taehyung loved kids and hence wanted a family. "I want you to be part of that."

Those words got stuck in Jungkook's head since he knew how much a family meant for Taehyung. The fact that Taehyung wanted Jungkook in that future goal proved how strongly he loves the boy. He wasn't someone the idol used or would get tired of any time soon and he knew that for sure now. If anything broke them apart, it would be an argument, not one of them cheating.

"Now, do you wish for anything else which I can get you tonight?" Taehyung asked, playing with Jungkook's hair while awaiting an answer.

"Well, I'm getting pretty horny by imaginations."

"Then let's go to your bedroom."

Jungkook shook his head, quickly grabbing his phone "Let me tweet first. I haven't thanked anyone for the birthday wishes and have to do that before it turns twelve. I'm sure we won't be finished before that."