The Invitation II G.D.

You walk over to the mirror and stand right in front of it.

You look at yourself and sigh as you begin to put on your cute diamond earrings.

After that, you look at yourself in the mirror one last time before you leave.

Your outfit consisted of a dusty pink dress with a set of nude heels.

Your hair was styled half-up half-down with small curls at the tips.

Your makeup was natural with a soft pink nude color on your lips.

After making sure everything was in place you grab your car keys and handbag.

As you made your way to the wedding you felt yourself getting more anxious and nervous by the minute.

In a couple of minutes, you were going to witness the love of your life marrying off to someone that wasn't you.

That idea was still sinking in as you drove all the way to the place the wedding would be held.

When you parked your car, you waited there hesitantly waiting for a sign of some sort stopping you from going.

After a few seconds, you build up enough courage to step out of the car.

You try your best to confidently walk but every step you take feels like a piece of your heart is breaking.

You step inside and see Ethan talking to someone.

He then looks over your direction and a smile forms on his face as he walks over.

"Y/n I didn't think you would show up," he says still in shock as he gives you a tight hug.

"Yeah, me neither" you softly say and chuckle lightly as you are both separate.

"Grayson would be glad to see you," he says.

You fake a smile and nod your head.

"Y/n" someone calls out.

Your turn around and see a beautiful girl with her hair styled and a full set of makeup on.

"Grayson told me all about you," she says giving you a hug.

"He did?" you furrow your eyebrows.

"Of course he did since he is your best friend, right?" she questions.

Best friend. You thought.

Of course, he wouldn't tell her you're an ex.

"Yeah, I am" you simply state.

"If you want to go talk to him. He is getting ready in that room across this hall to the right," she says.

"He will be so happy to see you" she happily smiles.

Happy to see me?

More like unhappy.

Meanwhile in Grayson's room.

Grayson stood in front of the mirror fixing his tie that wouldn't come outright.

He groans in frustration and takes a breather.

In his mind he always imagined you standing at the altar next to him as both of you shared your meaningful vows.

He always wanted to be with you but many things seemed to get in the way.

Grayson tries to fix his tie again as he hears a knock at the door.

"You can come in" he screams loud enough.

You slowly peak in your head and then walk inside.

Grayson sees you from the mirror and stops fixing his tie.

His eyes go wide as he sees you standing in the same room as you.

"Hey" you simply say.

"I didn't think you would come"

"Of course I would Gray. It's your wedding. I wouldn't miss it for the world"

Grayson felt his heart slowly break in half as he hears you say such words.

A wedding that should have included you.
H

e thought.

"Of course," he says zoning back in.

"I see you are having trouble with your ties," you say as you approach him.

"Mind if I help?" you ask.

"Sure," he says.

You walk over to him and feel your heartbeat quicken as you begin to fix his tie.

Being so close to him made you uncomfortable but weirdly comforting.

Yet you couldn't have him.

----

A/N

Part 3?