Why not? E.D.

You and your friend walked into the library and sat in a comfortable arrangement where both of you were face to face.

Lately, you needed to take something off your chest and decided to talk about it with the one person you trusted the most.

"I like him," you mumbled under your breath feeling quite unsettled by your own confession.

"I know you do" your friend chuckles.

"But I don't want to like him" you retorted back.

"Y/n it's not like you get to pick and choose who you like. It is what it is" she shrugs her shoulders.

"I know that but I don't want to like him" you repeat again.

"Do you even know who I'm talking about?" you curiously ask.

"I know who you're talking about" she grins smiles back at you.

Your eyebrows furrow in confusion as you begin to think whether or not you had mentioned it to her before.

You did

Yet you hoped that she didn't know because you denied such feeling for them.

"Who do you think it is?" you begin to question her so-called 'knowledge'.

"I'm not telling you" she raises an eyebrow and smirks.

"I deserve to know if you at least have the right person-"

"Okay then say the name than" she intelligently catches me off guard.

"I-" no words came out your mouth as you began to think whether or not saying his name would help you deny such feeling you had for him.

"You like him." she cheers.

"I like Eth- I can't even say it" you huff and sink in your chair.

"Why is that?" she asks already knowing the answer.

"Because if I say his name, it's like I'm admitting my feeling for him when I don't want to because they aren't there" you begin to raise your voice and begin to speak at a faster pace.

"Y/n I know you are still hung up on him but you need to move on sis. Maybe face the truth and live with it" she advises.

"It's not that simple" you explain. "I tried so many times and nothing. He doesn't even know me and I don't know him but its like whenever I look at his eyes I can't look away. It's like I'm drawn to him."

"It was kinda obvious you liked him" your friend cares to mention.

"How?"

"For one every time he says hi to us you literally ignore him and whenever you talk to him you stutter and become all bubbly."

"Fine I do like Ethan" you sighed.

Saying his name felt odd to you as it slipped off your tongue naturally.

You despised the way he made you feel but you wished things were simpler.

"Why not give it a try?" you joked.

"I don't know" your friend doubtfully said.

"I guess I have to think about it," you said while checking the time. Your study hall time was over for both of you and if you didn't get moving you would be late to class.

Both of you ran to your class while Grayson got up from his seat which was conveniently a couple of feet away.

He had heard everything.

----
A/n

Sorta based on real-life sorta not. Oof.