In a heartbeat |

"One, two, three..." the director counts over and over again on beat before stopping. "Mia please keep your legs extended on that last arabesque and make sure to work on your landing on that last pirouette. "

"Yes sir," Mia responds nervously as he has pointed this out a few times before.

"Again from the beginning, " the director commands, and soon the pianist begins to play and he begins to count again.

---

"Ms. Mia I hope you understand why I am hard on you," said the director.

"I do." Mia sighs. Yet again her mother had intervened.

"Good, now if you'll excuse me I have somethings to finish up, good night."

"Goodnight. " mia mumbled as she made her way out of the studio.

Mia's mother was a great dancer back in her day but when she got injured, many of her doors closed. So she became a manager for many artists. She was mostly managing dancers as she knew more about how everything worked. 

Mia's dad was an executive working in a big corporation and so he wasn't often seen at home.

Mia wasn't pressured into dance but it ran in her genes so she followed that same path her mom did except she also lived a normal life.

Mia attended a regular high school like everyone else in New Jersey.  She only took local dance classes there but every now and then she would drive up to New York to take private lessons with some new director as her mom set her up with.

Her mom and dad did not exactly live with her. Her grandmother was the one that lived in New Jersey while her parents were mostly stuck in New York for work purposes. 

One day Mia would have to deal with making it into the America Ballet Company.  That day was arriving soon as she was becoming a senior this upcoming year and things seem to be getting a bit hard to manage.

Gavin was a smart athlete. He had many opportunities open for him but he wasn't exactly the nicest guy ever. He had friends who were full of themselves so he sometimes acted like them and well kept a good reputation.

When he slowly becomes fond of someone who's out of his inner circle things certainly don't go as planned 

Secret relationships.  Betrayal. Passions. Love.

She would give everything up in a heartbeat but he wouldn't do the same

---

A/n

This is a summary of what's to come in a new story. So I don't know if you guys might like it so please let me know what you think.

Also, I was considering making it a Grayson fanfic but I'm not sure yet because I have a similar idea in the works for a Grayson fanfic.