Give me a reason to stay III G.D.

After going through security and such, you waited near gate 8. Your flight got delayed by half an hour sadly.

You held your book tightly and continued to read it while you waited.

Grayson made it just in time and got out of the car even before Ethan had parked.

He ran as fast as he could entering the airport breathing heavily.

"Passengers boarding flight 507 final destination New York please make your way towards gate 8."

Grayson sprinted towards gate 8 and saw you get up from your seat with a book in hand and a small bag with you.

"Y/n" he called out slightly out of breath.

Your eyes darted to him. Involuntary you walked towards him slightly confused on how he had gotten here.

"Grayson what are you-"

"You have to stay," Grayson said immediately. His eyes were glossy and he was emotionally unstable at this point.

"I can't" your voice cracked.

"Please" he begged and he held your hand.

"Give me a reason to stay" you pleaded as tears freely streamed down your face.

"Y/n i-"

"Give me a reason Gray" you pleaded once again.

"Those boarding flight 507 destination New York please make your way towards Gate 8. Final call"

"I can't" he barley mumbled.

You looked up at his tired and sadden eyes one last time before letting go.

"Goodbye Grayson" you sobbed before running towards your gate allowing your book to fall.

Grayson stood there watching you hand the ticket to a flight attendant.

"Have a safe trip?" the flight attendant told you before you stepped inside.

You gave them a soft smile before turning around one last time to see Grayson standing there with tears falling from his eyes.

You wiped yours away and walked inside.

Grayson saw your book on the floor and rushed to pick it up.

He opened it to the first page with a dedication to it.

What They Never Told Us About Love

To my lover,

My love for thee is eternal because
"As long as women can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee."

Our story will live forever even if our love doesn't.

-y/n

Grayson looked up from the book and rushed towards the gate.

"Sir I'm afraid I cannot let you in," the flight attendant said.

"She forgot her book let me in please" he cried.

"I'm sorry"

Grayson looked at the door waiting for you to rush back out but it never happened.

He backed away and saw them close the gate.

Meanwhile, you got seated next to a window and looked out feeling disappointed but okay to a certain extent.

This was a new beginning.