Playing Hard to Get E.D.

You had recently gotten a new job and were very pleased with the start until one of your coworkers started to flirt with you ever so often.

"You're pretty," Ethan mentioned as he leaned against the wall.

"Am I now." you lightly laughed as you folded a couple of shirts and placed them next to the others.

"Why are you doubting it?" he questioned following you while you made your way towards another set of unfolded t-shirts.

"I'm not" you smiled at him.

"It sure seems like it" he retorts while still following you around.

"Mhhm" you hum a response and continued doing your job while shoppers looked through a couple of items on display.

"Oh come on don't act that way" Ethan pouts and stands in front of you."Let's go out," he pauses."Maybe for a drink or something"

"Let me get this straight, you compliment me and flirt with me now, we go out for drinks and probably get so drunk until we fuck one another and the next day you leave right? Or am I missing something?" you sassily say leaving Ethan quite speechless.

"You're getting ahead of yourself right there" he teases hoping to lighten up the mood right now.

"It's just the truth is it not?" you cross your hands in front of your chest and wait for him to respond back.

Ethan stands there not knowing what to do for a while longer until you finally speak again.

"See the thing is I'm not into that kind of stuff"

"You're not interested in me or the made-up scenario you just came up with?" Ethan asks.

"Both"  you grin.

"Playing hard to get I see.." Ethan smirks back.

"I have standards Ethan and you don't meet them" you confidently say while walking away.

"Are you sure about that?" Ethan asks from afar.

"Positive"

Ethan shakes his head and smiles as one of the shoppers approaches you.

"Duty calls" you laugh.

----