🎄Home for the holidays G.D 🎄

Y/n P.O.V

"Grayson you promised"

"I can't okay." he angrily says through the phone.

I can't

Two simple words that caused a great amount of pain in my heart.

Never thought such words would have such an impact on me.

I remained silent unable to think properly after such harsh words left his mouth. I wanted to respond back with the same harsh tone but I couldn't bring myself to do the same.

"I have to go," Grayson says before he ends the call.

Typical of him.

My heart was left broken as I stared out the large bedroom window.

The snow that slowly fell covered everything it made contact with.

It was calming and soothing in a way of watching it fall.

Just not enough to keep me at ease.

I let a deep breath out and try my best to hold in the tears that were threading to fall.

Unfortunately, that was impossible.

The winter holidays were always meant to be spent with the family they said. There are just times that doesn't happen.

Grayson promised to come back in time for the holidays, but he got stuck working on a project in Seattle.

I wanted him here with me, but things don't always work out.

A couple of tears streamed down my cheek when I heard the door open.

"I'm so sorry to barge in like this. I just wanted-" I hear Lisa's voice say before she notices the couple tears on my face.

I quickly wipe them off and turn to her with a fake smile.

"Don't worry about it. Is there something I can help with?" I say trying to distract her from her thoughts.

"What's wrong?" she worriedly says.

"Its nothing," I say as calmly as possible without my voice cracking.

"Sweetheart I can see it in your eyes, what's wrong?" she kindly says.

"Grayson will probably get here in time for the holidays since he is staying in Seattle with his assistant for a project" I mumbled.

"You know he-"

"I know he would rather be here with us but his job is important too. " I sigh. "I know that but I just wanted him here. I don't know if he told you but my parents died in a car crash not long ago and this is my first Christmas without them"  I shakily say.

"I'm so sorry I didn't know that," she says walking over to you and giving you a tight hug.

"It's okay. I'm just glad I have people like you guys to spend it with" you softly smile as a couple of tears stream down your face.

Meanwhile...

Graysons P.O.V

"Thank you so much for this opportunity. You won't regret it" I cheerfully say shaking each of the fine gentleman's hands.

They all praise my work and excuse themselves while my assistant and I celebrate.

I give her a tight hug and pick her up from the floor as I spin her around in excitement.

"We did it!" I scream.

In response, laughter escapes her perfectly plump lips as I finally set her down.

"I'm sorry" I mumble as my eyes fixate on hers.

"You're just as excited as I am. No worries" she comments back as she flutters her eyelashes.

A small smile forms on my face immediately as both us stand there. Frozen at the moment.

Unconsciously both of us begin to lean in as if you were two magnets being put together.

Somehow this moment didn't feel wrong.

My lips attacked hers as we began backing up against the table.

"Not here" she mumbles out of breath before I follow her out.

I will regret this

-