Promise G.D.

Melis P.O.V.

He paced back and forward all over the room and rambled on about something that, in this moment of time, I found insignificant. So insignificant that I didn't bother paying attention to him.

"I promise Melis, it meant nothing to me" he repeated over and over again like a broken record. Yet every time he said it, its true meaning chipped away.

I stayed quiet though. I didn't speak. I didn't even move much. I just fiddled with the ring that rested on my right-hand.

An engagement ring.

Its just a ring right? A stupid insignificant thing that holds too much power over two people. A ring that holds a couple a future.

Funny right how something so small can hold so much power over some.

"Mels please stop doing that and say something" Grayson raises his voice to catch my attention.

I don't look at him though. I look at the ring and how it easily slips off my finger in a swift moment. That easy huh.

"I'm debating whether or not I should keep it on," I whisper sounding a bit cold and distanced.

"It stays on," he says his voiced laced with both worry and frustration.

I don't listen though. I slip the ring off my finger and fiddle with it once again with my thumb and index finger.

"A ring is indestructible. It is bonded and created perfectly for someone." I mumbled as I looked up at him. "The only bond that is broken is the couples not the rings as its structure remains the same, but its meaning and worth are lost" I spoke softly.

Grayson looked at me and held that same weary stare for a long time.

He was in shock and it was evident that my words had hurt him in a way that it was indescribable.

The feeling I had was also indescribable as I didn't know whether I should say anything more.

"This ring doesn't hold the same meaning it did before. I do hope you can exchange it for something more valuable to you." I said as I walked over to him and opened his hand placing the beautiful ring in his palm.

"I can't wear it anymore and I hope you understand" and with that, I walked away but didn't leave the home.

At least not tonight.

Graysons P.O.V

Her deep and meaningful words took a toll on me as it was clear my heart experienced this emptiness inside of it.

I held the ring in my hand and tears inside my eyes threatening to fall as I watched her walk off.

I meant what I said.

That kiss meant nothing to me.

She didn't want to believe me though.

I wish she did.

Now I'm left with nothing but a broken promise resting on my hands.

A promise I had made to her and only her.

I broke it and I had no way of fixing it.

At least not at the moment.

----
A/n

12K IM-

Thank you so much you are truly wonderful!!!

<3