I'm sorry | E.D.

Ethan and you had been a bit off these last few weeks due to some old ex showing up out of the blues.

He was someone very important to you and as a matter a fact you weren't over him completely.

Yet, you managed to lie to Ethan about it. He believed your relationship was strong and healthy but once he reappeared in your life again, things took a turn.

"You made a scene," you sighed and looked out the window.

"What was I supposed to do?" he rhetorically asked. "Your mother kept mentioning his name and everyone else kept praising him."

"Don't you see how bad I look compared to him. Not that it matters too much but it's your family y/n. I want to make a good impression."

While Ethan rambled on about the scene caused at your parent's house, you kept your mouth shut and your eyes focused on the road ahead.

You were almost home.

At some point, Ethan stopped talking realizing that you had completely zoned out while he talked.

"I'm sorry Ethan," you whispered feeling tears in your eyes. "I truly am but I can't keep this act going." you sighed.

Ethan turned to look at you and them back at the road before pulling over as he saw a change in your tone.

"I don't love you the way you love me." you looked at him with a couple of tears streaming.

Ethan's heart sunk and the loss of color in his face demonstrated how badly your words had affected him.

"I really tried. Trust me I really did but my heart beats for him. " you sobbed.

"You have no idea how many times I told myself that the love for him would pass and that soon I would love you so much more than I loved him but-"

"Stop" Ethan coldly mumbled and began driving again.

"I'm so sorry Ethan." you apologized again.

"Stop apologizing," he mumbled.

"I'm sorry I really am i-"

Ethan stops the car again and hits the steering wheel with force feeling his anger and dry station being released.

You simply stared at him and was slightly frightened. You couldn't blame him for being angry. It seemed like you played with his feelings all this time.

"I need you to stop it okay," he cried and lowered his head.

You stayed quiet allowing the couple tears to stream down your cheeks as you witnessed him crying for a brief moment.

After a few seconds Ethan's tear-filled eyes looked up at you and suddenly his hands brought you closer to his face allowing your lips to touch.

He passionately kissed you hoping a simple and meaningful kiss would change it all.

Yet it didn't.

The feelings he felt for you did not match yours.

You, sadly, felt nothing for him and although you tried to feel some sort of flame of passion in you, your heart was asking for someone else's lips on yours.

"I'm sorry,"

-------

A/n

Its been so long since I uploaded I'm so sorry y'all

<3