i loved you | E.D.

"Explain everything from the top. Don't leave any details out." Your best friend demanded.

"Well Ethan and I went on this dinner date a couple of nights back and while we were talking to one another he told me he loved me and I just couldn't say it back. I just wasn't ready so the rest of the night we didn't utter a word to each other." you rambled on and sat down on the couch.

"And?" your best friend got closer to the edge of her seat.

"Well things got awkward after that and recently ever since I did not reciprocate the 'i love you', he's been acting differently around me. He is always on the edge and gets pretty irritated every time we go out. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do now." you sighed in frustration.

"Do you love Ethan?" your best friend abruptly asked.

You chocked on your own saliva and coughed a bit before answering her question.

"I do, the thing is I'm scared. Love is such a strong word and I think i- I don't know." you stood up and paced back and forward around the room.

"Love isn't such a bad thing. It's something everyone should get to experience. You love Ethan and you should tell him that."

You thought about it and even though you were unsure what the outcomes were you wanted to confess what you truly felt for him.

"I will try to...ummm... Tell him I love him" you whispered the last part.

"See it won't be so bad" your best friend encouraged you.

After you two talked a while longer, it was finally time for her to leave.

You both said your goodbyes and continued on with the rest of your days.

You texted Ethan to meet you outside your apartment later tonight which he replied to with a simple okay.

You were planning to tell him what you truly felt tonight which made you feel quite anxious and nervous.

You thought about it the rest of the day until you finally had to get ready and meet him downstairs.

Ethan had planned to tell to you something that night and was a bit scared of what your reaction was going to be.

After the two of you got ready, you headed to the small park which was across your apartment complex.

You two sat there in silence at first until both of you decided to say something.

"I need to tell you something," you both said at a rapid speed causing small chuckles to erupt from your lips.

Ethan asked you to speak first while you offered him to go ahead and speak first.

You two couldn't agree so both of you decided to speak at the same time.

"I love you"

"We should take a break"

-