Marry me? E.D. IV

Previously

"Marry me?" he nervously chuckled at his proposal.

"No"

-
-

Ethan's eyes widen and something about the tone in your voice caused him to question your answer.

"Y/n I know I said I was against all that but trust me I'm willing to marry you and even have kids if that's what you want" he rambled on. "I love you and it took me a while to realize I can't do this without you so please-"

"No" you coldly answered and walked toward your living room wanting some space from Ethan. "I don't want to marry you or have kids with you"

Pieces of Ethan's heart slowly chipped hearing such degrading words coming out of your mouth without thinking clearly of the situation.

"Then why did you bring the topic up weeks ago?" Ethan asks getting curious about your sudden change in heart.

"You see I didn't think it through clearly. Marriage and kids would ruin my life. I prefer living without them and I don't know" you drunkenly laughed.

Ethan furrowed his eyebrows and took a step closer to you.

"Hey do you want to take a drink" you suggested.

You couldn't keep pretending not to be under the influence of alcohol any longer so you decided to come clean.

"Y/n what happened to you" Ethan was now concerned and tried getting as much information as he could out of you.

"That's rude Ethan. I'm having the time of my life" you walked over to a cabinet where you had a bottle of wine stored.

You opened it up and began drinking from the bottle dancing while doing so.

"Oh, shit" you laughed like a couple of drops of it landed on the wooden kitchen floors.

"Give me that" Ethan sped over to your direction and took it away from you.

"What the fuxk give it back" you pouted.

"Y/n I'm sorry. I didn't want this to happen to you. I-"

Ethan was being sincere but his words weren't helping him right now.

"You think you can waltz into my life again with fucking marriage proposal and kids!" you screamed in rage.

"I did what I had to do to numb my pain Ethan and you have no right to try and stop me" you stormed into the messy room.

Ethan followed along and stood by the room.

His eyes scanned the room to simply find the old liquor bottles on the floor mostly emptied out or pieces of them.

He couldn't believe what he was looking at.

"You haven't been sober have you?" his eyes water.

"Why does that even matter to you?"

----