Promise II G.D.

Melis P.O.V

After eating something in the kitchen, I realized it was getting late. I wasn't tired but I wanted to at least rest for tonight.

I got up from my seat by the island and put the dirty dishes in the sink before walking back to our room.

Our room. I repeated in my head as I felt a slight sting in my heart.

I pushed through it though and walked into the room. Grayson sat near the corner of the bed looking at the palm of his hand where the ring still rested.

I stood there for a while looking at the broken image in front of me but I felt to heartbroken to stare any longer.

I kept walking and decided to change into something more comfortable.

As I walked over to the closet, I see Grayson finally sensed my presence as he looked up at me with saddened eyes.

It hurt both physically and mentally seeing him act this way but I had no other choice.

I grabbed a pair of leggings and a hoodie from the closet and changed in the bathroom before heading to bed.

"Goodnight" I mumbled as I layed on my side of the bed.

I then covered my body with the white comforter and looked to the side once the lights were off.

Graysons P.O.V.

Once she layed down, I did the same but kept my distance from her as we slept.

I didn't sleep through simply because I knew she was unhappy with me. Or should I say disappointed.?

She has every right to be, which makes matters worse for me.

I had no idea how to fix things or how to make things better between us.

My thoughts were then interrupted once I felt the mattress move underneath me.

I stayed still and heard her walk over towards the large windows in our room as she probably sat down in the chair nearby.

She can't sleep either.

I decided to sit up and rest my back on the headboard as I faced the door.

Her eyes shifted to mine but later turned back to the window as she wiped her eyes.

I can't do this anymore

"My feelings changed Melis. I don't feel the same way I once did. I actually pulled away once her lips had briefly touched mine. " I confessed. "I didn't want her lips, I wanted yours"

She stayed silent.

"Your lips have more of a gentle, heartwarming, and passionate feeling once they touch mine. They mold perfectly with mine as if they were meant for one another" I rambled on.

"Were you going to tell me?" she whispered slightly frightened of my response.

"I was. You just didn't allow me to explained as I hoped."

She looks over at me debating internally whether to believe my words or to simply ignore them.

"Kiss me," she said under her breath.

"Gladly" I smiled as I walked over to her cupping her cheeks in my hands as she leaned in.

I let my lips softly touch her pink plump ones as she delicately planted a kiss on them.

Instantly I felt that spark between us one that I knew we always had.

I knew she felt it too as a smile formed on her face once she pulled away.

"I think we have some things to work out don't you think?" she kindly asks.

"I think we do" I confidently answered.

----