Sorry E.D.

"We're sorry; you have reached a number that has been disconnected or is no longer in service. If you feel you have reached this recording in error, please check the number and try your call again."

Ethan pulled the phone away from his ear and read the caller id.

Your name was typed up indicating the phone he once had for you had changed.

Ethan called again to hear the same message playing again.

"We're sorry; you have reached a number that has been disconnected or is no longer in service-" he ended the call before hearing the rest of it.

Ethan began to feel frustrated as he called, again and again, to only be received by the same automated message.

After a few calls later, tears freely fell from his eyes streaming all the way down his chin.

He tried stopping his tears but he could no longer escape this sadden feeling.

You had changed your number and had moved out of the home you once shared.

The endless arguments and the many I love you's slowly faded.

You could no longer live the way you did.

You needed to move on with your life and being stuck here made you feel like a prisoner.

Ethan had changed once his ex had arrived. He was secretive and had gone out with her countless of times but covered his tracks every time.

That's all you two argued about, her.

It was done now though.

Your suffering amplified being apart for him. Especially deleting all forms of contact from him.

You even moved to a place he wouldn't find you.

It was easier this way.

No more arguments no more Ethan.

Maybe that's all you two needed.

Yet there was no room to be sorry.

"I'm sorry" Ethan whispered to the automated message after calling it one last time.

At least for today.

----