7:56 E.D.

You walk around the park as you try to clear your mind from everything.

It was going to be hard to not go to the coffee shop each day at 7:55 but it had to be done.

As you walk around you hear your name being called out.

"Y/n" Ethan called out.

You stop in your tracks and wait for him as he jogs towards you.

"Hey" you whisper as he comes near you.

"I been meaning to talk to you about something," he says out of breath.

"I been too," you say as you look up to his eyes.

His eyes were something you always loved to admire. You loved how the gold specks in his eyes used to shine bright in the moonlight or in the daylight sun.

His eyes told you everything he felt. Whether they shined because he was happy or cheerful or they were dim because he was sad or frustrated.

Just like today.

"You can go first" he clears his throat.

It's over.

"7:55," you say.

"Every morning at 7:55 you show up at the coffee shop to get a regular cup of coffee."

He slightly smiles.

"I see you walk in and out every morning but sometimes you decide to sit and we talk from a distance about something that inspires us."

"Every morning" you breath out.

"Y/n"

"Every morning I wake up and rush to the coffee shop to get a glimpse of you. To hear you say good morning. To see you smile back at me."

At this point, tears begin to stream down your face as Ethan just looks at you with disappointed eyes not being able to respond back.

"I can't do this anymore."

"I can't- I can't"

"I know," Ethan says lowly as he looks down to the floor.

"I know you sit there at 7:55 every morning because you're the only reason why I get coffee every morning at 7:55"

"Not a minute early. Not a minute later."

"It hurts me but I can't change this. I can't just break up with my girlfriend. I just can't" he says.

"I know," you say painfully.

"That's why I have to stop"

"We both do"

"So this is then?" you ask.

"I guess so," he says.

There's a silence between you two as both of you couldn't say the simple two words.

"Bye Ethan," you say lowly.

"Bye y/n," he says as he walks away.

Both of you were heartbroken after everything you two discussed.

The next day you woke up at 7:53 and saw as time went by.

7:54

Then 7:55.

Your heart broke into millions of pieces as 7:55 turned into 7:56.

The routine had been broken now.

You and Ethan were over.

Meanwhile, Ethan drove with his girlfriend to the forest for a hike.

"Hey, Ethan. Its 7:55 don't you usually get your coffee at this time" she softly says.

Ethan stayed silent for a while as he came in the realization that it was over between you and him.

"No. Not anymore"

Not ever

-