Review Criteria (for reviewers)

REVIEW CRITERA + SCORING
This is the reviewing format the reviewers will follow! If you would like to request an addition to this, or would like something removed, please mention this in your form. Otherwise, this is the basic format:

Summary: -/5
1: Does not provide any information about the book. Does not captivate or engage a reader.
2: Some relevance to the story, but it's unorganised and messy.
3: Summary is there, but does not leave the reader with questions.
4: Captivating and intriguing. Captures the reader, but needs some polishing.
5: Unique and engaging! Makes the reader yearn for more. Polished, organised and has a dramatic and powerful final line.

Grammar: -/5
1: Too many mistakes that it became cringey to read.
2: More mistakes than correct ones.
3: Noticeable mistakes.
4: Has very few mistakes. You could read the book smoothly without noticing the errors unless you looked hard enough.
5: Perfect. No grammatical errors. No incorrect use of punctuation. No typos.

Character Building: -/5
1: Characters were similarly built. It was as if all characters had the same attitudes and attributes.
2: Jumpy.
3: Good enough. Doesn't leave much of an impression, but not bad either.
4: A few slip ups on character discovery.
5: Character built all the way through. Leaves a strong impression on the reader.

Writing Style: -/5
1: Basic.
2: Slightly different to the basic layout.
3: No cohesion or flow.
4: Inventive, but slightly confusing.
5: Unique but easy to flow.

Plot + Uniqueness: -/5
1: Not sure what the plot is about.
2: Follows the same storyline as others.
3: Treads the line between originality and uniqueness.
4: Somewhat cliché, but also had enough twists to keep it engaging and make me want to read more.
5: Completely differs in every way.

COMMENTS:
This will vary from reviewer to reviewer. Some may choose to leave comments after each criteria, some may leave a long chunk of comments at the bottom of the review. Some may scatter their feedback in your story using comments, and some may choose to leave it as a long comment at the end of your story.

OVERALL SCORE: -/25

And for poetry: 

Summary/Blurb: -/5

 Summary and blurb are optional for poetry. If you would like your summary/blurb reviewed, let the reviewer know! The other things poetry reviews will look for are: 

Grammar/Punctuation: -/5

Same as grammar and punctuation for regular stories. However, reviewers should keep note; some grammar/punctuation errors may be intentional choices.

Diction + Figurative Language: -/5 

In other words, is the language utilised effective? Are the literary devices - metaphor, personification - used in a discerning manner? 

Meaning + Message Conveyed: -/5

Was there purpose behind the poetry, and was that purpose clear? Or was the poem simply too difficult to understand?

Emotions Evoked: -/5

Did you feel the poem? 

OVERALL SCORE: -/25