Review by Lilo: Of Suns and Spirits

Title: Of Suns and Spirits

Author: riyamcyriac

Reviewer: lee-louw

Summary: 5/5

Your summary was outstandingly detailed and captivating. There's nothing to fix and nothing to change.

Grammar: 4/5

There was a single spelling mistake and a single grammatical error. I don't remember where it was but I can go back and point it out for you. Otherwise, reading went smoothly.

Character Building: 5/5

I think you did a great job at keeping the character's personalities and traits apart. Everything that built each of the characters was theirs, if you know what I mean. Their different backgrounds, circumstances, past life, present life, wants etc, put a difference between them and gave them different drives as to why they want to join The Blood Battles. I also loved how all of that put together gave you these great characters. My favorite character was Varona. It was also very clear whose dialogue belonged to who.

Writing Style: 4/5

Your writing style had me a little confused in the first 2 chapters, especially the prologue but I got the hang of it as I read further. Otherwise the pace and everything else was perfect!

Plot + Uniqueness: 5/5

The plot was definitely unique. You don't come across others like it often or maybe it's because I'm not familiar with the genre.

OVERALL SCORE: 23/35

The book was definitely engaging! Not once did I come to a point where I was like, okay the book lost it's thrill, I'm stopping now. The way you formed your sentences was also added mystery and thrill. I loved Verona and her humble self but the most interesting character for me was Kardith. You giving your characters different but powerful gifts was a great thing because it isn't easy for a reader to guess who is most likely to win. I also have to say that every chapters ending left me wanting to scroll on and find out what happens next.