Review by Lilo: An April Sort of Place

Title: An April Sort of Place

Author: Buttertech

Reviewer: lee-louw

Summary: 3/5

Girl how could you do this to your book?? I know this isn't something you wanted me to focus on but I just had to.

When I review a book, I always read the book and then the summary so that I can know whether the content of the book goes with what the summary says and in this case it does, but girrrl that summary did not do your book any justice.The first sentence which I find very important, was so vague. I'm guessing you maybe wanted to keep things mysterious and have your readers wondering about this book but you over did it or should I say under-did it. 

An alternate could be: 

After countless nights of secretly watching their parents read an old, burly book in the sly, Luna and Oliver let curiosity get the best of them when one night they decided to sneak into their parents' library and take the book. Not because they wanted to know what occupied their parents every night after they've said goodnight but because their innocent minds wanted to know how their parents would react when they find out their 'dear' book was missing. When their parents don't search for this book as frantically as the siblings thought they would, they open the mysterious book. Wonder, curiosity and danger surrounds them.

Grammar: 5/5

Everything flows. It's to a t. 

Character Building: 5/5

Even with just three chapters I can see your characters are developing amazingly. I love that you did and the way you separated the twins characters, i'm in love with both of them and their attitudes. Reading about each of your characters is like watching a well directed movie.

Writing Style: 5/5

Absolutely love it, even with the mystery it's easy to understand. Judging from the little I've read, the pacing is also on point. Your cliff hangers are well-placed. I love the fact that you're able to smoothly change point of views.

Plot + Uniqueness: 5/5

How in the world were you able to come up with such an innovative story line?! It's so unique I wish I could give you a 10/5 and you'll find that I compared something you did to a well-directed movie because it's that creative. It's also incredible that I noticed this within the first chapter which was why I was saying your summary did the content of your book no justice at all! You have a wild imagination, I'm looking forward to reading some more.

OVERALL SCORE: 23/25

And, before we finish off this review, a few short messages from ray_of_sunshine9. This is, unfortunately, our last review from Lilo. Due to a busy life outside Wattpad, she has decided to say farewell to the community - a decision that we support, as her health and education is our utmost priority. 

I would like to thank Lilo for being such an amazing part of our community! You've been dedicated, hard-working, and very courteous. I cannot thank you enough for that. While I will most certainly miss you, I also wish you the best for everything to come your way, and I hope that you find happiness and love in every corner of your life. 

Thank you so much for being a Sapphire Reviewer! On behalf of all the reviewers, I wish you the best in all your future endeavours, lee-louw