Review by Cherylene: Hope

Title: Hope: The Tale of the Utterly Selfish Saviour 

Author: 1-800-what-a-mess

Reviewer: SamMacyLove

Summary: 4/5

The summary is nice and introduces three characters at once, but I think it needs to be a little longer. It is a fantasy novel, so I think you should set the world, or at least a part of it, while still keeping the mystery in the blurb. Also, the editor, start and end line should be at the end, not smack in the middle of blurb.

Grammar: 4.5/5

The grammar is pretty good, although there are mistakes in the first chapter, some of which I have pointed out, overall the grammar is good.

Character Building: 5/5

I would rather not focus on this, since currently, there are only two characters alive, and one is unconscious, but the one character that there is, is uniquely built, and dare I say, even relatable. Sophie is not too perfect, has flaws of her own and has a goal, one of the things necessary for a good protagonist.

Writing Style: 4/5

Your writing style is nice and descriptive. I liked the way how you showed instead of told, and the way you made everything real. The place where you described the news anchor actually made me throw up a little in my mouth, so I guess you have a way of making readers visualise things.

Plot + Uniqueness: 5/5

I liked the idea of a not-quite-zombie-apocalypse. It is nice, and when you weave prophecy and a saviour into it, it is even better.

OVERALL SCORE: 22.5/25

Pretty good score for a book that has just started. If you want another review when the book is at some other stage, feel free to fill up another form.

Please PM me if this review was helpful or not, and give your views on it. Thank you!