- Chapter 16 -

~ CLAIRE's POV ~

Christmas with Harry was wonderful. The bracelet he got me was beautiful and I loved it. His family was nice enough to include me in their activities. They were all really nice and I never really had a full Christmas experience. My parents divorced when I was 4 so we moved away. I would always spend Christmas with Ian or Alex. My mom and uncle Simon were always busy. New Years was different because that's when we would all actually be a family. When I moved with my father he wouldn't really be there so I just got usted to it after a while.

"Are they here yet?" I asked Harry. We were at the airport waiting for the boys to arrive. We were all gonna stay here a few days and then we were all gonna fly back to the states to spend New Years at my families place.

"Yea their they go!" I saw them walking with Paul behind them. Louis ran with his arms spread wide and Harry did the same but Louis ignored Harry and ran straight to me. He lifted me and spun me around.

"I missed you!" I laughed at his silliness and the expression on Harry's face. "Aw come here Haz I missed you too not as much as Claire tho"

I hugged the rest of the boys and we walked back to the car. "Paul! Paulllllll! Paul!" Niall kept yelling inside the car.

"What Niall?" "It's time for my snack!" "No Niall you ate 30 min ago!"

"Harry people on here say your a faggot I believe it's true!" Louis showed Harry his phone. "You are too! Paulll Louis is being mean again make him stop!"

I saw Niall looking in his bag and he pulled out a box. "Paul there's no chicken left!" Niall cried - seriously he cried - Zayn was fixing his hair for what had to be the 1000th time.

"Does my hair look good up or down?"

"Louis! Louis! I'm bored Louis! Do something!" Harry kept bothering Louis, Niall kept crying over chicken, Zayn finally fixed his hair, and Liam was asleep the whole time. The boys were really a handful. "You need a new job." I told Paul he just laughed.

- - - -

The next day we were all having dinner and my phone rang so I excused myself.

"Hello" I was outside in the backyard."Claire" I sighed "Hello father." I really didn't want to talk to him right now. "I need you here in a few days to discuss arrangements."

"Yes father now I have to go it's late. Good night." I hung up and looked up at the stars. Why me?

"You alright?" I turned and saw the boys looking at me with concern. I nodded but I couldn't stop the tears from coming. They walked over and hugged me with me being in the center.

"Want to talk about it?" Zayn asked. I really need to get this off my chest so I did and I knew I could trust the boys. Zayn was beside me holding me and the boys were all sitting in a circle. Liam started a fire and they all sat their waiting for me to start.

"My father usted to be an alcoholic. He would hit my mom. When I was four they had a custody battle. My mom won so she moved us all to North Carolina and months later she found out she was pregnant with my younger brother. My father was informed and he changed his ways then he took over my grandfathers company and became stable enough. My older brothers already had their mind set on a career and Victoria did too. My father was furious but then he flew to where we were and told my mom he was taking me with him. I was nine and I knew my dad never contacted us for 5 years but all of a sudden he was here. I packed my bags and left. The first years were great but when I turned 16 things changed. My father got re married to a golddigger. She and her daughter were only after the money. They of course didn't know I was next in line to take over. She thought her daughter was going to be because I was kicked out by my own father and she didn't know that they had to be blood related. I was kicked out because I wanted to be a singer and my father thought it was silly. Uncle Simon and my mom were the only ones their to support me and here I am." Their faces were filled with shock and concern.