- Chapter 35 -

~ CLAIRE's POV ~

After I received that call I left with Harry, texting my uncle Simon where I was going. Alex was in the hospital for an overdose on prescription drugs and her mom found her laying the floor unconscious. I ran home changed and just stuffed random clothes in my suitcase as Harry did the same. We were both meeting each other at the airport to fly back home. I know you must thinking how rude you just left YOUR party without saying anything. I'm sorry this is an emergency so I left uncle Simon in charge. We boarded the plane and I was thankful no paparazzi were there I promise I would snap if I heard another comment about Harry only using me for fame.

The whole plane ride I didn't say a word I just looked out the window and Harry I'm guessing knew I didn't want to talk so he just went to sleep. Alex why? Why did you try to kill yourself? Do you not know how much we all love you? I hated myself for not being there for her when she needed me. She's alway been there for me but I haven't and I hated myself! I was pissed at myself!

Once we got off the plane it was the next morning and I'm guessing the media found out I left because there was a whole bunch of paparazzi when I was getting out with Harry. Can't they just leave me alone for once! I don't have time for their stupid idiotic questions! We pushed past them and got in the car my mom sent.

"Take me to the hospital." I told Thomas. Harry put his arm around me, pulled me into his chest comforting me. My head layed against his chest and I just layed there crying and hoping Alex was ok. I wasn't even thinking of what people would think right now all I wanted was Alex.

Once we got to the hospital I ran inside leaving my stuff behind. Harry was running after me after telling Thomas thank you. The smell of alcohol filled my nose and it was freezing. Why are hospitals always cold? I looked around searching for a nurse or doctor. I spotted one by the front desk.

"I'm looking for Alex Turner tell me where she is?" She nodded and looked at her computer screen typing in her name. "Take that elevator over there and go to the 3rd floor they should tell you where she is" I nodded and ran to the elevator pulling Harry along. Harry pushed the button and I couldn't be anymore impatient to get to her.

*ding*

Harry held on to my hand as we walked up to the front desk. "I'm looking for Alex Turner."

"Claire over here." I turned around and found my mom with Alex's mom. My mom was hugging her and telling her everything will be ok. I hope so. A doctor walked out.

"Family of Alex Turner!" We all turned around looking at the doctor. "She's under critical condition we were able to pump out most of the stuff but." He sighed.

"But what? What's wrong with her! We want answers I want to know why she did that!" I yelled. Harry put his arm around. "Calm down babe."

"If you could have a seat please." Me and Harry walked over to the chairs.

"This is a delicate subject and most people deny it but we think she was trying to commit suicide." My heart stopped and my eyes were turning glossy. "We also found multiple bruises covering her body. Her skull was broken a little. We were able to take most of it out but she's in a coma for now. The thing with comas is she might wake up but it might be days, weeks, months, even years before she wakes up and in some cases she may never wake up." I fell to the floor crying. My heart was filled with pain. My best friend in a coma? Please wake me up from this nightmare, problem is this is real life. Tears fell from my eyes falling to floor. Harry pulled me into his arms and my tears soaked the front of his t shirt, that's how bad it was.

~ HARRY's POV~

Seeing Claire cry was horrible. I don't understand why Alex would do that. I stayed by Claire's side trying to calm her down, she eventually went to sleep but even in her sleep tears fell from her eyes. Why would Alex try to take her life? She looked like a sweet girl but I guess everybody has another side that they don't want anybody else to see. My thoughts were interrupted by my phone vibrating.