voices off [nathan sharp](two)

Nate

I opened the book. There seemed to be a song list on the first page. Kids in the Dark, Honestly, Mangled. I kept flipping through to see all the songs labeled on the first page written out. I read some lyrics and wow was her writing great.

"I know it's not great but when you have a lot of free time this happens." She smiled as I handed her back the book. "They're really well written." "Thanks."

The bell rings and we both get up. "See you tomorrow." "Yep! Bye Nate." She then leaves the classroom. I think I want to get to know the girl with no voice.

Y/N

Once I left the music room I made my way home. Since no one ever took this route home I played my music out loud. I played 'Emperors New Clothes' as I walked down the street.

I was two minutes into my walk and I heard singing. "You might see a ghost tonight." I knew that voice. I looked over to see Nate. I wave to him. "You walk this way too?" He asks. I turn off the music and opened my notepad. "Yep I live a little way from here." I type. "Oh so do I. I just moved here a couple of days ago."

We continued walking and talking. Well me typing and him speaking. "Well this is my place." I point to the light blue house. "Oh really I live right there." He points to the red house next to mine. "That's cool were neighbors!" He smiles. I wave goodbye to him and walk into my house.

I walk in my house and up to my room. I have the attic as my room. It was pretty big compared to the other rooms in my house. Half of it was my bedroom and study side while the other had my musical instruments. I had a keyboard, ukulele, and an electric guitar. I also had a mic to record my playing. I would use it to sing but well I can't.

I placed my bag on my bed and plugged my phone in. I decided to record the music for Mangled. It's the one thing I can do. I hook up the recording software and level the mic to my guitars level. I hook it up and start to play.

Nate

When I reached my house my brother Mat greeted me. "Hey how was your first day?" Mat was older by two years. That meant he had already graduated. "It was fine. My classes were okay." I said placing my bag on the couch. "Make any friends?" He asks tossing me a juice. "I think the girl who showed me around is my friend." "Ooo what's she like?" He says his eyes fully focused on me.

"Well she wears all black but she wore a flower crown with bright colors. She has tattoos all over her arms. She black hair and grey eyes. Also she can't speak." I felt a smile creep on my face as I spoke about her. "She can't speak? Why's that?" I took a swig of my drink. "She was born with messed up vocal cords." "Oh how'd you guys talk?" "She has a notebook she writes things on. She also used her notepad that's on her phone." "Oh that's actually cool. I'd love to meet her one day." He looks at his watch. "Well I'll be downstairs. Stephanie and I are going to record GTLive early." He says before heading into the basement.

I grab my bag and head up to my room. My room was the farthest up. It was like the attic but wasn't as big. My room held my electric guitar and keyboard plus a mic and recording equipment. I lay my bag on my bed to hear the sound of a guitar playing. I listen and the music sounds very intense but it was still passionate in how it was played. The music sooner stopped and I was left to wonder who was playing that.

Y/N

When I finished playing I turned off the recording and listened back to it. It sounded great! It would sound better with lyrics but what could you do.

I was about to start working on more lyrics until I heard my brother call me down stairs. I run down the two flights of stairs into the gaming room. I see my brother and his boyfriend getting ready to record a gaming video. "Hey Dan, whatcha need." I write on my notebook and hand it to him.

He looks to Phil and then to me. "So we talked to a doctor today." He takes a deep breathe. "There's an operation you can do and it's quick recovery to fix your vocal cords." My faced filled with excitement. "The problem is there's a chance you might well die during it." Phil finished. "We want to know if you want to do it."

Would I risk dying just to speak? I nod. "When is it?" "It will be Saturday afternoon. If you make it through you can't talk on Sunday but you'll be able to talk on Monday." Dan says. "Okay set the appointment." "We will now enjoy tomorrow and Saturday morning." Phil says smiling. I nod and run up to my room.