two birds [ethan nestor]

Y/N

[Two birds on a wire
One tries to fly away
And the other
Watches him close
From that wire
He says he wants to as well
But he is a liar.]

We sat on my roof. It was a little after midnight. My blue haired best friend sat next to me as we stared at the stars. We'd often have nights like this. But tonight was different. We both just graduated. That meant we'd have to leave each other.

"Ethan tell me what's wrong." I said moving my hair out of my face. "It's nothing." He said. "You're a liar." He looked at me, his eyes glossy. "This is the last time we'll do this." He muttered. "What do you mean?" I ask. "I'm moving to LA." My heart sunk. "Oh?" "I wanted to tell you sooner but I couldn't." Tears started to form out his eyes. The hair that I once moved a way from my face falls back. My eyes started to water.

The silence stayed. I continued to watch tears fall from my eyes and hit the roof. Soon it wasn't just my tears hitting the roof. It started to sprinkle. The rain drops slid of my rooftop.

"Ethan." I said wiping my eyes. He didn't reply he just moved his head down. "Ethan." I turn and pull him to face me. He was crying. "Ethan please speak to me." I grab his face.

[I'll believe it all
There's nothing I won't understand
I'll believe it all
I won't let go of your hand.]

I grab is hand. He looks at me confused. "Y/N." He starts. "I don't want to leave you." He said. "And I don't want to leave you." I said choking out the words as the rain started to pour more. "Please." He said.

"Ethan." He looked at me and grabbed my face. Our faces were inches apart. "Y/N." He placed his lips on mine. He kissed me and it was slow and sweet. "I love you." He whispered. "I'm glad because I've always loved you." I replied. "Ethan I don't want to leave you." I muttered against his lips. "Then don't." He said. "What?" I said pulling away. "Move with me to LA." "Ethan I --." "Please. I know its a lot but you've made my life absolutely amazing. From when you joined my seventh grade class. I couldn't stop thinking about you and I never want to lose you." Ethan said a smile forming on his face yet he was still crying. "Okay."
I replied softly. Ethan wrapped his arms around me in a hug. "Thank you for making everything worth it." He said into my shoulder. "I'm glad you made everything perfect."