transgender [natepat](two)

[I'm afraid of a lot of things. I just didn't think myself would be one of them.]

Natalie

I bring Mat up to my room. I look at him. He has really pretty brown eyes. Also really cute dimples. "Why were you laughing!?" I yell. "What it was funny!" He retorts. "Couldn't you tell I was uncomfortable!" I sigh. "I'm sorry but its true. You don't really have a chest." He says facing me. "It's because I taped it down." I mumble. "Why would you do that?" He asks. Oh crap he heard me. "The dress is uncomfortable otherwise." I say. "Well then change. Be more you." He says. I bid grabbing my clothes from earlier. I run into my bathroom to change.

I come back out in my black T-shirt with my chest still taped down and skinny jeans. "Why didn't you untape your chest?" Mat asked. "I don't want to do it right now, its a difficult task." He just nods and we head back down.

All eyes were on me. Especially my mom who was shooting daggers at me. I just sit back down to Mat. No one brings it up though. "Hey Natalie did you know that Mat goes to the same college as you?" A woman says. "It's Nate and really?" I look towards Nate. "Sorry my bad and yes maybe you two could hang out more." I nod. "Sounds like a plan. Maybe after this as I don't have classes today." I reply. I look to Mat who just nods his head.

~
Once the brunch is finished everyone starts to leave but Mat. "Here take my guitar and keys and get in the car I'll be out in a second." Mat just nods and exits the house.

My mom comes at me fuming. "What did I say earlier! You are my DAUGHTER Natalie! Not a boy names Nate! I didn't raise a boy! Also why did you change out of your dress!" Her face was very red from yelling and anger. "The dress was uncomfortable and my name is Nate." I reply calmly. She just got even more mad. She stormed off so I just left the house. I heard a door slam on my way out.

I get in my car and Mat looks at me. "I heard a lot of yelling and a door slam you alright?" He asks. "Yeah I'm fine my mom just got mad I wasn't wearing a dress." I said telling a small lie.

"Whatever let's just head back to my dorm." I say starting the car. I put on Panic! At The Disco as we leave the driveway.

~
We finally reach the dorms. We walk through the girl dorms making our way to mine.

"Welcome to my dorm. Pardon the mess but then again I don't really care." I reply shutting the door behind us waiting for the click. I head over to my couch ploppping on it. "Wanna play video games?" I say. "Sure." Mat replies sitting next to me. "Well we could play Slender on the PC or we could play Slender on my XBox. Your choice." I reply going over to grab a controller. "XBox." I nod and switch the TV. This is going to be fun.

~
"What the hell are those?!" Yelled Mat. "They're something you run away from!" I yell back. We play until we beat the game. "So its only six at night do you want to watch a movie?" I ask. "As long as it's not no chick flic." "Who do you think I am." I reply in a snarky tone. "I don't know. A girl who likes lovey dovey movies." He replies

I don't bother arguing him that I'm not a girl, that its not me. I grab a selection of movies. "How about we watch 'Meet The Fockers'." He nods so I place the movie in and hit play.

~
"You know he doesn't care."

"Who the hell are you?" I seen a man much like me. He looked like me but the real me. He had tear streaks down his face and a devious smile.

"No one cares if you want to be a boy."

"I'm sorry I can't please everyone." I say slowly walking towards the man.

"Mat won't like you if you're a boy." He says as he disappears.

Mat

Natalie fell asleep around halfway through the movie. She fell into my lap. She look peaceful for most of her sleep but then she started mumbling. I couldn't make through what she said though. They all came out in a slur.

She stopped mumbling. As soon as she stopped mumbling she shot up and started to cry. "Hey are you okay?" I ask pulling her closer to me. Her crying stops. "Yeah I'm fine. Sorry it was just a nightmare I guess." She replies. She looks to the screen and notices the movie is over.

"Oh sorry I fell asleep." She replies. I know she said she was fine but she doesn't sound like it. "No it's okay, I was starting to fall asleep as well." I said standing up.

"I guess I should head back to my dorm." "Okay I'll see you later Mat." She walks me to the door. I shut the door slowly behind me till I hear a click.