winter wonderland [shelby graces]

Ethan was big on friends. This year he invited his two closest friends (who had no plans) and invited them back to Maine with him for Christmas. His two lucky friends being y/n and Shelby. Y/N's family hasn't excepted her since she came out and Shelby's parents were on vacation. Even though Shelby and y/n saw it as just two friends joining their friend on Christmas Ethan thought different. Ethan and his family set into motion Winter Romance. They were determined to get the two girls together by the time they went back to Los Angeles. The two have lived together for almost two years and the romantic and sexual tension was there. All of there friends could see it. Shelby's friends Parker, Scott, Lizzie, Jess. And y/n's friends Amy, Kathryn, Mark, Tyler. It was obvious to everyone and they were just oblivious.

"Shelby you are actually going to freeze to death." Y/n spoke as they got into Ethan's brother's car. "Well I only own one hoodie and I don't know where it is." Shelby muttered to her roommate as the two sat in the back and Ethan sat in the front. "Knowing you it's on your bed somewhere." Y/n sighed. Ethan and his brother realized this would take a longer than expected. The group got to the Nestor's residence after singing Fergie to Twenty One Pilots in the car. The group hurried inside and y/n instantly got to see Max and Dexter who she hasn't seen since high school. "Oof I missed you doggos." Y/n said dropping to her knees and petting the two brown dogs.

"Y/n!" Ethan's father spoke. Y/N stood up and went into a hug with him. "You've grown so much!" His father spoke. "I have sir. I am twenty one now." She spoke. "Well maybe we can finally have a drink together like we promised." Ah yes. A promised made by y/n went she was fourteen. She promised her first drink would be with Ethan's dad who was practically hers. See was keeping to it. In the two months she's legally been able to drink (she has the same birthday as Ethan which is another reason they're so close) she's not drank a drop. "Absolutely sir. I would love that." With the sound of y/n's voice flooded in Ethan's mom and grandma from the kitchen. "Y/n's here!" Y/n was immediately pulled into a hug between the two. "Sometimes I swear my parents like you better." Ethan spoke.

Y/N wiggled from their grip and they went back to the kitchen and Ethan sat with his brother and his dad. "Seems like they like you." Shelby spoke from behind y/n. The girl turned around and faced the shorter girl. "I practically used to live here. I couldn't go home because of certain conditions." She said trying to avoid the situation. "What condition? You know we're friends. We've lived together for two years." Shelby spoke. Y/N dragged Shelby outside totally dismissing the fact that's it's snowing. "Growing up my parents were very religious so in high school when I came out I practically never went home. I was so afraid. It's why I wasn't leaving for Christmas or like for any holiday." Y/n said awkwardly trying to wrap it up. "Y/n I'm sorry I didn't know." Shelby apologized even though she did nothing wrong. She felt so bad for y/n. "It's fine. Only Ethan and his family knew. Can we just head back in?" Y/n asked. Shelby nodded and the two walked in.

"Girls you're just in time for dinner." Ethan's mom spoke. The two sat pretty quietly during dinner only talking when spoken to. "Hey why don't you kids go to that Christmas light show place. You know the one where you walk through?" Ethan's grandma suggested. Before Shelby could protest y/n spoke. "I'll let you borrow some warmer clothes." She said. "Okay well you guys have fun. Make sure you're back before late." "I'll show you girls your room." Ethan's dad said. The two followed him to the guest room. "I hope you don't mind sharing." Y/n shook her head. "It's fine sir. Thank you." He left the two girls alone. "I hope you don't mind a nice oversized sweater cause that's all I got." Y/n grabbed out a pastel pink sweater and tossed it at Shelby.

"You get changed. I'm going to plug my phone in since it's practically dead." She moved over to the bed to plug her phone and laptop in. Shelby quickly changed into the sweater. It was quite big considering y/n was six foot and it was big on her. "It's like a dress on you." Y/n said standing next to her. Y/N was a good couple inches above her. "Well we should get going. They're probably ready by now." Y/n said slipping her jacket on. The two went out where Ethan and his brother were waiting. "You guys ready?" Ethan asked looking at Shelby's attire. "Yeah I think we are."

♡♡♡

Y/n stuck back with Shelby while Ethan and his brother walked in front. "I missed the snow. It was my favorite thing in winter." Shelby said looking at the ground. "Yeah Los Angeles isn't like Maine in the winter." Y/n admitted watching her breath fog in the air. "So how are you and that guy you've been talking with?" Y/n asked out of nowhere. Shelby looked at her confused. "Uh we decided to just be friends. I kind of don't like him or like guys at all." And that right there was Shelby Graces coming out. "Really? Miss Graces likes girls now?" Y/n asked with with a small laugh. Shelby punched her arm. "Stop laughing! You totally do too." "Obviously you goof. I've been liking them since I was a little." Y/n smiled.

"So if you don't like the male genre then who has your eye that you would want to change that?" Y/n asked. Ethan and Andrew had already made it back to the car shooting Shelby a text that they would be there when they were done. "Uh just you know a friend I have." Shelby was obviously hiding something. "Okay if you won't tell me I'll force it out of you." Y/n picked up Shelby and started tickling her. "Ah! Stop it!" Shelby yelled. They were lucky most people around them found it cute what they were doing. "If I tell you will you stop!" Shelby yelled out of breath. Y/N put her back down. "Yes I will." Y/n smiled. "You are so mean." Shelby said. "But you love me." Y/n spoke. "Debatable."

The two stopped at the end of the lights. The two faced each other y/n waiting for Shelby to say something. Shelby stood on her tippy toes to reach y/n's face and placed a kiss on her cheek before standing normally. "I think you missed." Y/n spoke. "What?" Shelby asked. Y/N leaned down and placed a soft kiss on Shelby's lips. She grabbed Shelby's waist gently and pulled her closer. Shelby threw her arms around y/n's neck and deepened the kiss. The two pulled apart breathlessly. "Can we not tell the others? Not yet at least." Shelby asked. Y/N agreed knowing she literally just came out and mentioning any form of a kiss would be weird. "Then what are we?" Y/n asked. "Girlfriends?" Shelby said which sounded more like a question. "Girlfriends it is." The two headed back to the car.

"I'm sorry I tried to be nice and let you borrow my sweatshirt." Y/n said angrily sitting in the back. Shelby said nothing but looked hurt. "What are you two on about?" Ethan asked. "I don't know. Why don't you asked Shelby?" Y/n said staring out the window. "On second thought. I don't want to know." The ride was scarily quiet. Y/N and Shelby tried so hard not to laugh. Ethan and Andrew scurried inside and away from y/n. "You are one good actor Y/n." Shelby admitted as they idled on the doorstep. "Why thank you. I was a theater kid." She admitted. "Now I'm going to have a drink with Ethan's dad and then I'll come to the bedroom as we can watch movies." Y/n gave Shelby a quick peck before heading inside.

Shelby followed a few seconds after. She headed almost straight into the room. Y/N sat on the couch with a beer in her hand. "Can you stop hogging my dad." Ethan said siting next to her. Andrew went to his room already. Ethan's mom came into the room and swapped y/n's drink for some alcoholic lemonade. "Trust me. You want this one instead." After one drink y/n excused herself so she could head to the room. She came in to see Shelby already in her pajamas setting up a movie on her laptop. "Have fun?" Shelby asked. "Quite. Ethan's dad likes to embarrass Ethan by telling childhood stories." Y/n said changing into sweatpants. She laid down next to Shelby and placed the laptop in her lap. Shelby rested herself on y/n's chest as they to tatted the classic Christmas movie Elf.

♡♡♡

Ethan groggily walked down the hall to tell Shelby and y/n to get up for breakfast. As soon as he opened the door he was met with a wonderful sight. Shelby was practically laying on top of y/n and they two slept. Ethan quickly grabbed his phone and took a picture of the girls. He slipped into the dining room and said the girls wouldn't join them for breakfast before tweeting the cutest picture known to man.

Crankgameplays
@ crankgameplays

My two favorite girls cuddling away @ shelbygraces @ y/nl/n

LOL best picture I could find but I hope you enjoy the story!