self conscious [ethan nestor](five)

Ethan

We walked out of the apartment building. She didn't talk but it was a comfortable silence. We just walk right next to each other down the street. I heard her humming a tune. I couldn't tell what song but it was vaguely familiar. We were heading back to the studio to play some games. She didn't know that but that's what I had planned.

"Here we are." I said opening the office door. She looked a little confused. "I thought we could play some video games." She just nodded her head.

"Hey I don't know if this is rude but why aren't you talking? Are you mute or?" I ask setting up Mario Kart. She looked upset. I sat next to her. "Hey it's fine. I'm not mad I'm just curious." I said.

"I'm sorry. I just don't like my voice. I haven't spoke since I was little." She mumbled. I noticed she had an Irish accent. "No its fine! I was just curious. I love your voice!" I said happily.

Y/N

I spoke. He said he loved mg accent but I highly doubt it. "Thank you. I've always been a little self conscious about my voice." That's not the only thing. He smiled at me. "Well don't, I think your voice is amazing." He said happily. "Ah thanks." I said shyly.

He handed me a controller and we started the game.

Ethan

"Fuck off." she yelled at him. She was in first and I was trying to block the screen so he couldn't see. "Move your arse away from the screen." She yelled her accent showing a lot. "Fuck!" I yell. She won. "Ha I still won!" She yelled. I plop on the couch next to her. "Why are you so good at this?" I ask her. "I've had a lot of practice." She smirked.

I got an idea. "Are you ticklish?" I ask her. "Nope." She said popping the P in nope. I reach for her side and she jerks away. "So you are ticklish." I smirked at her. I started to tickle her sides. "S-stop!" She says laughing. I ignore her request and continue. After awhile I stop tickling her and she catches her breathe. "You're a jerk." She said laughing. She sat up and I noticed her hoodie sleeves went up. She had marks across her wrist. Does she self harm? It makes sense of her tweets.

I grab her wrists and pull her towards me. "Y/N." I say looking in her eyes. She looks down and realizes her sleeves are slightly up. I push her sleeves up all the way. The marks trailed all the way up her arms. I look at her with sad eyes. "I'm sorry." She starts to cry. "Don't cry." I pull her into my chest and she sobs. "Please don't do that any more. I hate to think you hurt yourself." I whisper to her. She slightly nods her head. "You know you slightly remind me of my friend Sean." Her crying stops abruptly. She looks up at me. "Tell me about your friend Sean." She said.

"He's Irish like you." "What's his full name?" "Sean McLoughlin. Why?" I give her a confused look. "Does he live in Ireland?" I nod my head still confused. "Is he coming to visit anytime soon?" "Tomorrow for the Charity Live Stream in two days. I'm confused why do you want to know this?" "Did he ever say he had a sister?" "Yeah he said his mother couldn't take care of her so she put her up for adoption." Confusion hit me more. "My full name is Y/N Mcloughlin." She says. "Wait so you think?" She nods. "well we can always ask him." She nods smiling. Her braces were more noticeable and she looked adorable. Her phone started to ring. She sat up and grabbed her phone. She took one glance before shutting it off. "What was that?" I ask. "Oh nothing." She smiles. "Okay why don't I order a pizza and we watch a movie." She nods her head as I grab my phone.