mirror [ethan nestor]

Ethan

I stood in my new house. It was small but it was something. It was fairly cheap too. It was told to have a awful back story. It goes something like this.

Twenty some years ago a girl who had just turned eighteen. She had moved out to this house to escape her parents. The house was infront of a forest area. A little lake to the right. Seemed normal right? Everything seemed normal but one object stuck out. As she was moving boxes upstairs she noticed a room that was locked. She was curious. She couldn't open it obviously without a code. She decided to find something to break it off with. A few seconds later she came back with a rock from the yard. She used all of her force to break the lock off. She was successful. When she opened the door she expected to see something scandalous but instead she was met with a mirror. It was hanging on the wall, cracked. Well more than cracked more like shattered. 'Why would this be locked up?' She thoughts. She looked at her reflection for a few seconds noticing how weird her reflection was. But she didn't think much about it. She instead left the room and finsihed unpacking.

A few hours later once the sun had set she started to hear noises, like creaking. As she was going to stand up to figure out what was happening the lights flickered off. Seconds later they flickered on and she noticed words on the wall. "Should have left it locked." She became very confused. She saw something in the corner of her eye. To her right stood someone who looked much like her but more demon like.

The story was never finished but I could only assumed she died or something. Although I don't believe that story. It was probably just a stupid story some friends told. I finished moving in the boxes. I started moving them from the lounge to my room. As I was walking I noticed all the doors were painted white except for one. One was painted black with what seems like a scratch mark on it. I placed the box down in the hallway before opening the door. There hung on the wall was a mirror. It fit the description of the story. "How ironic." I said out loud, laughing a little. I left the took continuing to move boxes in.

~
"So how's the new house?" "Ah its nice actually." I said to my friend Mark. We talked a little about how to move was. Moving from Maine to LA was a huge thing. When I hung up with Mark I heard the sound of laughter. "What the fuck?" I whispered.

I notice a paper ball fly into my room. I pick it up off the ground and open it. "Guess who." This is not happening. Its all fake. I convinced myself that I was just dreaming or hallucinating. That happens a lot when you play video games for a living. Then another ball flew in. Again I picked it up and read it. "Oh you won't play with me? I'll just come play with you." I dropped the paper. I looked up to see a figure in my doorway. He looked much like me expect his hair was a darker blue. His eyes black and souless. He had scratch marks all over him. "Tell me I'm dreaming." I mumble. "Oh you're not dreaming." The anti me grabbed onto my neck. I was struggling to breathe. "You should have came and played with me." Anti me said before laughing. He had my laugh but more sickening. He smirked at me, tighting his grip. "Let. Go. Of. Me." I strained to say. "Hmm how 'bout no? Killing you sounds like more fun." I could myself slipping but I couldn't help it. "You should have listened to the story. Mirrors are the connection between this world and the one I live in. You want nothing from my world to here. Ever." I couldn't breathe. He dropped me to the ground. I heard him laugh as everything was fading. "Bye bye Ethan."