rainy day [mark fischbach]

The rain pitter pattered on the roof. It was like music to your ears. The sound of rain. It was weird to like the sound of rain but to you that was the only normal thing about you. Everyone hated rainy days all except you. You enjoyed the sound. You enjoyed watching the little drops hit objects on the street. When you were driving you liked to see it roll down the window. It almost as if everything was perfect when it rained.

"Man it's raining hard." Mark, the dark haired male, said."Yeah but I like it." You replied in a soft tone. "I remember when we were kids and whenever it started raining you made me sit by the window for five minutes just staring at the rain." Mark said with a little laugh. "It's well, because when it rains everything seems perfect in that moment. Like nothing can go wrong if it tried." You said turning away from the window to face Mark.

In your house you had a bay window which you would often sit at when it rained. Mark joined you next to the window. "It was. In those five minutes it was blissful silence as the rain fell. We would just watch and stare." Mark said readjusting himself. "Hey let's do something." Y/N suggests pulling Mark away from the window. Mark let out a little laugh at your actions. "Okay like what?" He asks following you.

You grab your phone and open Spotify. You hook it up to the speaker in the lounge. You play one of your favorite songs. Mark grabbed your hand spinning you around.

I don't know where you're going
But do you got room for one more troubled soul?
I don't know where I'm going
But I don't think I'm coming home and I said
I'll check in tomorrow if I don't wake up dead
This is the road to ruin
And we're starting at the end

"Hey let's make cookies!" You say. Mark laughs at your childish demeanor but follows you into the kitchen. You start to make cookies. Emphasis on you. Mark was trying but he didn't really help besides making a mess. You already had flour in your hair along with a little in Mark's. You laughed at him still trying to help you. He was good at cooking just not cookies.

You place them in the oven before heading back into the lounge. You glanced out the window to see it still raining. You felt someone pick you up. "Let me down Mark!" You laugh yell as he places you on his shoulders. He smiles at you. "Never." He replies. He takes this opportunity to take a picture of you two angling it so you fit in frame. You make a silly face as he takes the picture.

The oven dings and he lets you down. You head into the kitchen and take them out laying the pan on the stove. When you layed the pan own you felt your phone buzz in your back pocket. You pull it out to see Mark tagged in something. It was the picture you just took. You noticed Chica was slightly in the background. You looked at the caption. Spending a rainy day with this girl. Isn't she just beautiful? You blushed and smiled at the word 'beautiful'. You two weren't dating but you were best friends.

You walk into the lounge to see Mark on the floor while Chica licked his face. He was pretending to be dead. "Oh no Chica. He's dead." You said trying to hold back a laugh. "Well now I'll never be able to give him a kiss if he's dead." You dramatically sigh. You get up and start walking to the couch. You felt arms wrap around your waist. "What was that I heard about a kiss?" You hear Mark's voice. You turn around and place a kiss on his cheek. "Ah you missed." He said. You gave him a confused look until he leaned forward and kissed you on the lips. Everything seemed right at that moment. The sound of rain. Fall Out Boy playing quietly in the background. The smell of cookies. And Mark. Nothing could go wrong not even if it tried.