spring formal [tyler scheid]

Y/N slammed her locker shut with a heavy sigh. It was unfortunately raining due to it being spring and in her rush to get out of the house this morning she forgot her umbrella and unfortunately Mark, her friend who could drive, was already gone. She shoved everything in her backpack and stuck her extra jacket on top of everything so it could be a barrier from the water and her homework. Since her mom was away on business she had the car leaving y/n to walk. Not like anyone trusted her driving anyway. She put the hood up on her jacket so her freshly dyed dark purple hair, wouldn't fade when water hit it. Praying that the rain stayed sprinkling she left the school.

Her house was a ten minute walk. She could do this, right? She mentally smacked herself once again for forgetting her umbrella. And as if her day couldn't get worse the rain picked up. "Of fucking course." At that point she had given up trying to run home to avoid less water but instead walked normally soaking her outfit. She continued to walk but stopped when water stopped falling on her head. She looked up from the wet pavement to see a tall curly headed boy holding an umbrella over her. "Uh thanks but you don't have to do that. I'm already wet." Y/n spoke the two stood close, both under the umbrella. "Yes I know but if you would have stayed in the rain any longer you would get sick." He spoke up. "What's your name curly boy?" Y/n asked as she started to walked again and he followed keeping the umbrella above the two of them. "I'm Tyler, Tyler Scheid." He introduced. "What about you miss ripped jeans?" Y/n gave a small smile at his question. "Y/n, Y/n L/n." She said.

"What are you doing walking home in the rain?" Tyler asked. "Well my mom is on business so she has the car and my friend who usually takes me home left earlier so walking was my only choice. And before you say it, I was rushed this morning and forgot my umbrella." She said before he could get a comment in. The two stopped in front of her front door. "Thanks for the walk and shelter from rain Tyler." "It's was my pleasure. See you around school?" She nodded before waving goodbye and heading inside. She tossed her bag on the couch before heading upstairs to change.

♡♡♡

"Hey Y/n." Mark came up to y/n as she shoved text books in her locker. It's been a month since y/n first met Tyler and since then everytime it rains he walks her home even though she brings an umbrella, although Tyler pretends not to see it just so he has an excuse to talk to her. Sometimes they take the long way or walk around the block a few times so they can talk longer. Suddenly y/n enjoyed the rain. She got to talk to Tyler everytime it did. "Hey Mark. Whatcha need?" She asked shutting her locker softly pulling out her umbrella and shoving it in her bag since it wasn't raining today. "Need a ride home today?" He asked. She shook her head. "It's sunny out so I'll walk. You going to the spring formal tonight?" Y/n asked. "Probably. Mostly cause there's food." "Same reason I'm going but since my dad is back-" "Wait when did your dad get back?" Mark asked. Y/N's dad was a military man so she didn't get to see him often. "Yesterday after school. Anyway he insisted I'd get a dress so I have to wear that." She gave a weak smile. "Well I'll wear a suit so you won't have to suffer alone. I'll be over around seven to pick you up yeah?" She nodded. "See you later Mark." With that she started her walk home.

About five minutes into her walk she felt a small tap on her shoulder. She looked over to see Tyler. "Hey Tyler it's not raining so you don't have to walk me home." She spoke. "I'm not here to walk you home." Tyler stopped her from walking. She turned to face Tyler who had nervous written all over his face. "I was wondering if you'd like to go to spring formal with me." He handed her a white rose which was her favorite flower, he asked a few days prior what her favorite flower was but she didn't think this was what it was for. Y/N became very confused. "Wait with me? Like seriously?" She asked. "Yes seriously. So is it a yes or no or are you going to make me stand here like a fool?" She gave a small laugh. "Of course I'll go with you Tyler." She took the flower from his hand. "Sweet I'll pick you up around seven?" She nodded. "I'll see you later then Tyler."

♡♡♡

"Dad where my dress I can't find it?" She asked from her room. Her dad appeared into her doorway a bag in hand. "I know you didn't like the dress so I got something you might like." He handed her the bag. Out she pulled a dark floral skirt that went to her knees and a black half shirt. "If you're anything like your mom you'll like this more. It's the exact same thing your mom wore for our prom." Her dad smiled. She gave her dad a hug. "Thank you so much." Mark came into her room. "Why did you want me over early y/n?" Mark stood dressed in a suit. "I'll leave you two be." With that her dad slipped out of the room. "I got asked to formal so you need to help me get ready." Mark smiled grew tremendously. "Oh then let's get started."

♡♡♡

"Y/n a boy is here for you!" Her dad yelled up the stairs. "I'll be down in a second!" She yelled back. Mark finished straightening her hair. "You are done." Mark smiled at y/n. "Go knock him dead." Mark walked downstairs before her greeting Tyler. "Oh so you asked my best friend to formal?" Mark said to Tyler who he was also friends with. "That would be me." "Well you are in for a surprise." Y/n walked downstairs all dressed up but on her feet were worn down converse. "I tried." Her father spoke. Tyler didn't complain though. He was amazed with how y/n looked. "Shall we go?" She asked. "Mark get plenty of pictures!" Y/n's dad spoke to Mark as the left.

♡♡♡

"Well that was fun." Y/n smiled. Tyler was walking y/n home after formal. He took off his suit jacket and placed it on her. Since she was only a few inches shorter it wasn't too big on her. "Yeah. I'm not much for dances but this was super fun." She gave a small smile. "Me neither but it was fun to make fun of Mark for not being able to dance." Tyler stifled a laugh. There was comfortable silence as they reached her house. "Hey." Tyler grabbed y/n by her waist and pulled her close. Their faces were mere centimeters apart. "Can i kiss you?" Tyler asked. "Of course you idiot." He closed the gap between them. Tyler smiled softly as y/n's lips tasted of strawberry due to the lip gloss Mark made her wear. "You're really cute." Tyler spoke leaning his forehead against y/n's. "Yeah I know." Tyler rolled his eyes at y/n's comment. "I was wondering in a month from now would you like to be my girlfriend?" Tyler asked. "Is mister Scheid asking me a month in advance to be his girlfriend?" She teased. "I am." "Well then I'll have to take you up on that offer." "Good."

♡♡♡

"Is miss y/n wearing a dress?" Amy asked as they gathered stuff for today's video. "Not a dress, it's a skirt." Y/n replied. "Is this the same thing you wore to a dance you had in high school?" Amy asked. "Spring formal and yeah. My dad was going through my old room and sent me a bunch of things, this included." She fixed her skirt. "Tyler said it was going to be hot today before he left the house so I decided why not." She shrugged. Amy's phone dinged. "Ethan said let's be there soon. Fans are already there." "Yeah let's go."

♡♡♡

"Hello everybody my name is Markiplier and today we are doing the water balloon challenge once again. Today. Am I joined by Ethan, Tyler, Amy, and Y/n! Chica is also being held by Pam behind the camera." He introed. "Now before we get started Tyler has an announcement." Kathryn who was holding the camera turned to Tyler. "So I've been thinking for awhile." He started. "I've known y/n since I was in junior year of high school now we're both almost thirty. That's ten years of us being together so I thought it was finally time." Ethan gently shoved y/n towards Tyler. She stumbled forward a little. She gave Ethan a questioning look. "Y/n will you do me the great honor of marrying me and becoming Mrs Tyler Scheid?" He got on one knee the whole group of fans in awe. He opened the small purple box to reveal a ring that instead of having a diamond, it had a white rose. She could see Mark smiling like an idiot to the right of her. "Tyler do you remember what I said when you first asked to kiss me?" Y/n asked. Tyler turned his head to the left slightly. "Of course you idiot."

She picked Tyler up off the ground and pulled him into a kiss. The whole crowed burst into ace's and clapping, faint clicking of cameras could be heard. "I've waited so long for you to ask that, that i was debating on asking you myself." She smiled. "That is true. Not even a week ago we were talking about it." Pam spoke from behind the camera. "Well I'm glad I got to it first."