space [dodan](three)

Mark went through dresses suggesting them to Dodie. Dodie disagreed to almost all of them. After thirty minutes of shopping Mark found one Dodie might like. A bubblegum pink dress that went to the knees. It had a ruffled skirt while the top was divided by a silver lining.

Mark showed her the dress and she nodded. "Okay I'll get it." Dodie said with a smile. Mark clapped his hands. "I should have shoes you can borrow that my mom gave me." Mark said. "Heels?" Dodie asked. "Yeah. When I was still a girl she gave me a bunch of heels. It should fit you and you'll match Dan's height almost." Mark said.

Mark went to pay for the dress. "Mark I can pay for the dress." Dodie protested. "It's fine. Plus you're my friend!" Mark said handing the lady his card. "You also get to go on a date with Dan. How long have you had a crush on him again?" Mark asked as they left the shop.

"Since we were kids." Dodie mumbled. "See a long time. Now you have a chance. Tomorrow is prom then Sunday is graduation. Be happy!" Mark said trying to cheer up Dodie.

"Okay but I'm not going to force anything! I'm just going to be subtle." Dodie said. "That's fine with me. Come to my house tomorrow around six and I'll help you get ready." Mark said as they got into his car.

"Okay but don't go overboard." Dodie says. "I don't plan on it. Dan likes you the way you are so I'm not going to change a think." Dodie smiles as she gets out of his car. "I will see you tomorrow Markimoo." Dodie said. "Goodnight Dods." Mark replied.

Dodie made her way into her house. She shuts the door with her foot and locks it. Mark kept the dress which made it easier for her. Dodie flicked on her kitchen light and grabbed some fruit from her fridge. She eats it before heading upstairs to her room.

She heads to her closet and grabs a pair of shorts deciding to keep the shirt on for bed. She changes and flops into bed grabbing her phone.

1 new message from Daniel

She opens the message smiling as she does.

Daniel- So how was shopping with Mark?

Dodie- Well it was almost an hour of him just trying to shove dresses on me
So fun

Daniel- Did you find one?

Dodie- Yeah something different but I like it

Daniel- What's the color so we can match

Dodie- So you want to match?

Daniel- Yes now shush and tell me the colour

Dodie- It's bubblegum pink as Mark put it

Daniel- What the fuck is bubblegum pink?

Dodie- Honesty it's just light pink
Bubblegum makes no sense

Daniel- Okay ill take note
Light pink equals bubblegum

Dodie- Exactly
Hey Danny I'm going to head to bed
Mark is making me come over tomorrow so he can help me get ready

Daniel- You have work tomorrow, right?

Dodie- Bingo that's why I need sleep

Daniel- Well good night Doddleoddles

Dodie- Goodnight Danny Boy

Dodie clicks off her phone and rolls on her side to plug it in. She stays on her side staring at her wall. Her cat, Alien climbs on the bed laying at her ankles. She doesn't mind as she listens to the purring kitten.

She didn't really know how she felt for Dan anymore. Growing up she loved him. Everytime he would get a girlfriend she would be jealous but happy for Dan. Although the relationships never lasted it still made her upset. Less time was spent with pretty much her only friend. She was forgotten for those few weeks. Then was forced to make Dan feel better.

Dodie had pretty much became numb to her feelings. She didn't want to feel anymore as everytime she did she became upset. So she focused her mind on other things.

She focused her mind on the inevitable sometimes. Gets you thinking really. Most people call it an existential crisis and that is what precisely is happening right now.

Her mind was racing. She was once focused on what will happen but now she just mindlessly lays there with an empty mind.

She shakes her head hoping some sleep will help her. If not she'll have to fake it until she makes it.

She rolls to her other side pulling the covers over herself. She slowly closes her eyes letting sleep take her.