1. The Anomaly.

The villagers of Little Hangleton still called it 'the riddle house', even though it had been many years since the Riddle family lived there.

"(Y/N)!" Your mum shouted from downstairs.

"Urgh. Yes?" You yelled as you ran down the stairs of your house to your mum who was in the kitchen washing up.

"Are you doing your homework?"

"Huh?" You said in confusion. You never tell your mum when you have homework because she always makes you do it. You're always so much more relaxed when you do it last minute.

"Your homework? Your maths teacher emailed me and you about it."

"Oh." You said bluntly trying to leave the conversation as quickly as possible.

"You should be doing it now really you know it's better to get it over and done with."

"But it's due the first Wednesday I've got ages to do it. Plus, it's easy stuff all I've gotta do is rearrange the equation."

"Well, you'll finish it quickly, what have you been doing anyway?"

"Reading Harry Potter."

"Again?" Your mum said sounding disappointed.

"Yes. Again. As a matter of fact, it's a brilliant franchise that helps people understand really important things like family love...."

"I'm not arguing that, love. I just want you to get your head out of the clouds and focus on real life instead of the stupid dream of yours. Being an actress or whatever, it is. You need to think about what you can really do in your future. You're a smart kid you could be doing something of importance."

"Right thanks, mum, real supportive," You said, fighting back tears as you mum crushed your dreams. Without a second glace you ran up to your room and slammed the door behind you. Letting it all out; throwing anything you found Harry Potter related onto the floor. This was your life how could she not see that you could never survive in a world without any magic it was too stressful.

But in mid thought you didn't notice the small spark behind you that grew bigger and bigger by the second. As you turned to sit on your bed your eyes widened in terror at this unknown thing in front of you as it got bigger you became more frightened so you decided the best thing to do was run; before you could even touch the handle, you were sucked through into... your... room.

Nothing had happened just a bright light you were so confused. However, as you turned around you noticed your room was tidy again, but as much as you looked you couldn't find any of your Harry Potter stuff there was a gap in your bookshelf, all the posters were gone... everything... everything accept your deathly Hallows necklace that was still around your neck.

"Mum?" You called out hoping she wasn't angry about earlier.

"Yes dear?" She said a hint of worry in her voice.

"Where's my Harry Potter stuff?"

"Your, what sorry?"

"My Harry Potter stuff." But your mum looked at you blankly. "Look I'm sorry about earlier and I'll do my maths homework, but I just want to know where my stuff is."

"I'm sorry, love, what happened earlier? I don't understand I thought you already did your homework?"

"Huh?" You said, now utterly confused yourself. " You know Harry Potter, right?"

"Sorry darling no. Is he a friend from school?" Before you could say anything, you heard the clank of the letter flap. "Oh, that will be the post. I'll go get that." Your mum said before going back downstairs that was odd. You thought to yourself.

"(Y/n), love there's something here for you, looks very fancy." You ran down the stairs and took the letter sitting on the sofa. The envelope was a yellowish colour, addressed in emerald, green to Miss (y/n) (y/l/n), (Your home address). You turned the letter around to find the school crest you knew too well. 'DRACO DORMIENS NUNQUAM TITILLANDUS'. You were quite frankly confused but you opened it nonetheless inside it read:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Che. Warnock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Miss (y/l/n),

We sincerely apologise that there seemed to have been a mistake these last three years. We would like to congratulate and inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 September. Our headmaster Albus Dumbledore has requested that you see him when you receive this letter.

Yours sincerely

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

"Mum!" You yell at the top of your lungs as she comes running into the room with a saucepan in her hands.

"What, is everything ok?" She said as you shove the letter into you mum's hands. "Oh, my goodness."

"I know right that's absolute bull..." You started.

"I always knew you were special." You mum said rapping her arms around you.

"What? I don't understand you believe this?"

"Well, it makes sense. Remember when that girl Suzy tried to push you into the pond? But she ended up falling in instead and started to descend into a small whirlpool?"

"Oooh yeah..." No?!?! What the fuck is she on I fell in and the whole of my year 6 class laughed at me. That's when you started to realise it. Maybe it was all the TV programmes and Movies you had seen. But you knew that you must be in some kind of alternate reality where you were a Wizard? Before you could think of anything else a tall thin old man with silver hair and a long beard appeared in front of you. His eyes were blue and sparkled behind his half-moon spectacles that rested on his crooked nose.

"Hello, I am Albus Dumbledore, headmaster at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry." Your mouth dropped open in amazement. You could believe you were looking at THE Dumbledore who fought Grindelwald and gained the elder wand. this man here was you idle.

"Well, it is a pleasure to meet you Mr. Dumbledore" your mum replied.

"Professor," Dumbledore corrected with a wink "Mrs. (y/l/n), is it ok if I take (y/n) back to my office? I need to talk to her about which subjects she would like to take and other things."

"Well, yes of course."

"Brilliant. You see, this is the first time that there has ever been a mistake in our system. So, we need to make sure that (y/n) settles in happily."

"I understand, but what should I say to her current school?" Your mum asked obviously worried at how she would be able to explain this to your school.

"Ahh, don't worry our game keeper, Hagrid has that all sorted now if you don't mind, I must take (y/n) straight away. Argent matters and all that." You stood up realising you had just been sat there with your mouth wide open this whole time.

"Now, (y/n) all you need to do is hold onto my arm. I would brace yourself as well disapparating can be quite unpleasant sometimes." And with that you had left with Dumbledore leaving your mum in her living room.