2. Dumbledore's Office.

You opened your eyes as you felt your feet touch the ground once more. Your head was spinning like crazy. You'd read about disapparating before, but you never thought about the effects of it.

When you finally got to look at your surroundings you realised where you were. The room was circular and full of many curious instruments some emitting puffs of smoke. The walls covered in portraits which you knew were old headmasters and mistresses. You turned around to see Professor Dumbledore sat at his desk grinning at you as he gestured to a seat in front of him. Hesitating you sit down.

"Now, (y/n), where do you actually come from?"

"I'm sorry I don't think I quite understand what you mean."

"I think you do." Dumbledore said doing his classic stare that made you feel as though he was looking into your soul.

"Umm, well, I..." You stuttered quickly trying to remain calm.

"Relax dear child. This isn't an interrogation; I know exactly where you come from, I just wondered if you did."

"Umm, well," you said starting to calm down a little. "I assume that I come from a parallel world."

"And right you are. You are a highly intelligent girl."

"Well thank you professor. I have one question though." As you said this Dumbledore nodded at you expectantly.

"How did you know?"

"For years I have studied the art of anomalies. And as Professor McGonagall ran in talking of a mistake in our system. I had received a notification on my obscure activity device. telling me an anomaly had occurred."

"Oh, right." You said impressed.

"Now in your parallel world I believe that the wizarding world was but a story." As Dumbledore said this, he reached into his desk draw and took out 7 books.

"But those are my..." You began as Dumbledore put his hand up in a way to stop you.

"Harry Potter books. Yes, they materialised into my office when I told McGonagall to send you a letter. I suppose in doing so sealed you fate."

You paused for a second trying to process all that the greatest man in the history of the fictional world said to you. "I'm sorry I don't think I quite follow." You stated as you furrowed your brow in confusion.

"When I let you be a student at this very school, I made you the protector of this world. If the - how you would put it - Harry Potter world." Dumbledore looked at you for a second but carried on when he realised that you were looking at him blankly. "You must make sure the events of Harry Potter's life go as you have read it. If not, then the whole universe would collapse as everything would become even. The world already bent slightly to make room for you knowing what you will do. You must make sure that you live by these books. Never letting anyone else read them or find out about where you come from."

You blinked gobsmacked by this information. But you couldn't help but be excited to be a part of Harry's story.

"So, all I've got to do is befriend Harry and make sure he keeps to the rules of the book?" You asked a massive grin growing on your face.

"Exactly but he mustn't know that you're doing it that is essential."

"Right, I've got it. I can do that Professor; I won't let you down."

"I can tell you're a smart wizard (y/n), I know you won't and once you're finished there will be a way to get back to your real world."

"Thank you, Professor, that would be brilliant." You went to leave and then realised you had no idea where you were going. Luckily, Dumbledore realised this before you had to stand there awkwardly.

"Ah, you want to know what to do now. Well, I have already got Professor Flitwick to gather your stuff from your room. Hagrid has got all your schoolbooks and your robes and I'm sure it'll be no surprise to you that you are a Gryffindor." Dumbledore smiled at you.

"How did you know?" You asked but Dumbledore didn't reply he merely tapped his nose.

"I have put you into all of Harry's classes as you will need to be near him at all times."

"Right thank you, umm where do I go now?"

"Once Professor Flitwick gets back, I shall send you to the Burrow where the Weasley's live. Tomorrow is the quidditch world cup final, I'm sure you will enjoy it." He says handing you a ticket.

*****

A few hours later you had dinner with Dumbledore. Which you still couldn't get over as you waited for Flitwick to arrive. Dumbledore didn't seem to understand why he was taking so long. But assumed that he might be struggling as he is quite short. Even with magic it would be quite difficult especially since you knew your mum would be helping. Eventually he arrived with a shrunken suitcase about the size of a puppy. He also had a cage with a baby tawny owl inside:

 He also had a cage with a baby tawny owl inside:

It was the most adorable thing you had ever seen. The way the feathers varied in colour was just beautiful you loved it. Flitwick grew the suitcase back to its usual size. You took it from the small struggling man and thanked him as he waddled away.

You held onto the suitcase and cage with one hand. You then took Dumbledore's arm with the other and in a flash, you were outside the Burrow.