85. Hate Mail

The next day at breakfast the four of you sat at the Gryffindor table, slightly exhausted because of the Monday morning buzz. The owls arrived and Hermione seemed unusually alert. Her head raised high like a meerkat. "Percy won't've had time to answer yet, we only sent Hedwig yesterday." Ron told her.

"No, it's not that, I've taken out a new subscription to the Daily Prophet," Hermione informed the three of you. "I'm getting sick of finding everything out from the Slytherins."

"Good thinking." You and Harry said at the same time so you grinned at each other.

"Hey, Hermione, I think you're in luck..." Harry said as a grey owl came towards her.

"It hasn't got a newspaper, though," Hermione said confused. "It's..." But just then six other owl landed in front of her.

"How many subscriptions did you take out?" Harry asked quickly catching Hermiones goblet before one of the owls knocked it over.

"Nice reflexes." You complimented.

"What the...?" Hermione stuttered as she took one of the letters. "Oh really?"

"What's up?" Ron asked looking over Hermione's shoulder and you could physically see the colour drain from his face.

"It's... oh how ridiculous!" Hermione huffed disregarding the table which you could now see had letters from a paper stuck to it that spelt out:

You are a WickEd girl. HaRRy PottEr deserves BetteR. gO Back wherE you cAME from mUggle.

"They're all like it!" Hermione stressed opening each letter. "'Harry Potter can do better than the likes of you...', 'You deserve to be boiled in frog-spawn...' OUCH!" Hermione suddenly cried opening another letter because a yellow-green liquid poured onto her hands and the smell of petrol filled your nostrils while boils started to rapidly grow on her hands.

"Undiluted Bubotuber pus!" Ron exclaimed as he carefully sniffed the envelope.

"You better get up to the hospital wing." Harry told her as Hermione continued to cry in pain.

"Yeah, you go, we'll tell Professor Sprout." You reassured her and she hastily left.

"I warned her! I warned her not to annoy Rita Skeeter!" Ron groaned.

"Really, Ron?" You raised an eybrow at him. "This is hardly the moment for an 'I told you so', is it?"

"You know what I mean, (Y/n). Just look at this one." Ron argued gesturing to a letter he had in his hand. "'I read in Witch Weekly about how you are playing Harry Potter false and that boy has had enough hardship and I will be sending you a curse by next post as soon as I can find an envelope big enough,' Blimey she better watch herself."

*****

You, Ron and Harry spent Herbology without Hermione and walked to Care of Magical Creatures together but as you made your way down the stone steps to Hagrid's hut Pansy and her friends were behind you.

"Potter, have you split up with your girlfriend? Why was she so upset at breakfast."

"I'll split your lip in a second." You retorted raising your fist at Pansy but Harry grabbed it eyeing you suspiciously, you looked back at him and then at Ron who was trying not to laugh with pride. But you sighed as she looked back at Harry not wanting to upset him. "Fine," you mumbled before giving Pansy a glare and following Harry and Ron quickly down the steps so that Pansy could no longer bother you.

"We can't give her any satisfaction, (Y/n). It's not worth it." Harry lectured you.

"Anything is worth punching her in her already squashed face." You grunted but Harry gave you another look. "Ok, I get it." You gave in. "But if I find out that, that bitch, had anything to do with the hate mail then you won't be able to stop me." You told him seriously.