55. Another Party!

Once Harry had left the tent the three of you found Hermione. Trekking up to the Owlery and send a letter to Sirius. This time you were going to use Pigwidgeon as Ron was very eager to assist. You all also filled him in with all the stuff he missed out on.

"Fits, doesn't it? Remember what Malfoy said on the train, about his dad being friends with Karkaroff? Now we know where they knew each other. There were probably running around in masks together at the World Cup... I'll tell you one thing, though, Harry, if it was

Karkaroff who put your name in the Goblet of Fire, he's going to be feeling really stupid now, isn't he? Didn't work, did it? You only got a scratch! Come here... I'll do it." Ron grabbed the twittering Pigwidgeon as Harry attached the letter to his leg.

"There's no way any of the other tasks are going to be that dangerous, how could they be?" Ron continued "You know what? I reckon you could win this tournament, Harry, I'm serious."

"Harry's got a long way to go before he finishes this Tournament," Hermione said crossing her arms. "If that was the first task, I hate to think what's coming next."

"Right ray of sunshine, aren't you? You and Professor Trelawney should get together some time." Ron said as he threw Pigwidgeon out the window.

"Well," you said trying to diffuse the tension but in a very awkward manner. "We'd better get to your surprise party, Harry. Fred and George should've collected enough food by now."

*****

Sure, enough when you reached the common room screams of delight awaited Harry. There were some impressive banners up You made sure to compliment Dean for his art. There was more food than you could imagine possible.

"Blimey, this is heavy." Lee Jordan gasped as he lifted up the golden egg. "Open it, Harry, go on!" He called "Let's see what's inside it!"

"He's supposed to work out the clue on his own, it's in the Tournament rules." Hermione interjected but Harry whispered something in her ear making her grin guiltily.

People were chanting for Harry to open it as Lee passed it back to him. Harry grasped his hand at the top of the egg, so you braced yourself for the deafening sound. The sound that pierced every single ear in the room. The sound was even more horrifying than the movie could've ever shown you. Even with your fingers in your ears the high-pitched sound gave you a headache.

"Shut it!" You and Fred bellowed, both of you with your fingers in your ears, and to everyone's relief he did so.

"What... what was that?" Seamus said staring at the egg with horror. "Sounded like a banshee... maybe you've got to get past one of those next, Harry."

"It was someone being tortured!" Neville gulped. "You're going to have to fight the Cruciatus curse!"

"Don't be a prat, Neville, that's illegal." George said but you nudged him, although he didn't know it, he was being incredibly insensitive. "They wouldn't use the Cruciatus curse on the champions." But he left it there because you were giving him a look to make sure he didn't say any more about the Cruciatus curse. "I thought it sounded a bit like Percy singing... maybe you've got to attack him while he's in the shower, Harry."

"Want a jam tart, Hermione?" Fred asked, she hesitated for a moment looking at the twins suspiciously. "It's alright, I haven't done anything to them. It's the custard creams you've got to watch..." Fred informed her and instantly Neville, spat out the custard cream that he had bitten into.

"Just my little joke, Neville..."

"Did you get all of these from the kitchens, Fred?" Hermione asked after taking a jam tart.