66. Don't Stop Me Now.

Once everyone had finished eating, Dumbledore raised his wand. The tables skidded to the sides of the hall clearing the floor. He created a small, raised platform where the Weird Sisters stood. They were welcomed with applause. You were ready to start dancing but realised that Harry hadn't moved yet.

"Harry?" You asked as his focused changed back to you.

"Er... erm... yes?"

"We're supposed to get ready to dance." You said as Harry's eyes widened in realisation. The two of you got to the dance floor when the Weird Sisters started to play a slow tune. Harry placed his hand on your waist and the other in your hand as you practised for weeks. The two of you started to spin around the dance floor. You may have been leading but it was to make sure you didn't bump into anyone. More people joined the dance floor and it started to become crowded. You could see that this made Harry become more nervous.

"It's alright, Harry, we're not going to kill anyone." You reassured him and he smiled weakly at you.

"Nice socks, Potter," Moody growled as he passed with his partner. His comment made you look down at Harry's feet. Where you could only see the odd red and green socks peeping under Harry's robes.

"Oh, yeah, Dobby the House-elf knitted them for me," Harry grinned. You could help but chuckle a little at how adorable he was for wearing the socks Dobby had given him. "What?" He asked focusing his attention back to you.

"Nothing." You smiled cheekily as he had done the same to you earlier that afternoon.

"Okay, well ea..." Harry grinned about to say something, but the song had finished. Meaning you and Harry broke apart to clap along with everyone else. "Should we sit down?" He asked.

"I guess." You said thinking that he was about to finish his sentence, but you were wrong. But this made you overthink the possibilities. You looked back at the way he had been acting around you recently and thought Does Harry like me? No that's ridiculous, right? Ignoring your thoughts, the two of you found Ron and Padma and sat with them.

"How's it going?" Harry asked Ron opening a butterbeer and giving it to you before doing the same for himself. Ron didn't respond in fact he barely seemed to have noticed you were there. He was too busy looking at Hermione and Krum, Padma sitting impatiently next to him. You sat there drinking your butterbeer looking around at everyone else having fun. You managed to divert your eyes to Dean and Parvati. You saw a boy from Beauxbatons take Parvati to the dance floor leaving Dean a little forlorn. You wanted to feel sorry for him but a part of you was a little relieved. Happy that you hadn't completely changed the outcome of the Ball.

"You should've gone with him," Harry sighed.

"Yeah? I guess." you sighed still looking at Dean.

"Then I could've gone with Cho." Harry finished, then you realised he was looking at Cedric and Cho and suddenly felt a rush of heat come over you. A rush of anger.

"What, am I not good enough?" You asked turning to look at him. Harry was shot of words, as if he had just been punched hard in the gut by her sudden outburst.

"No, I was just sayi-"

"Oh, I know what you were 'just saying', Harry. So much for gratitude. So, what is it?" You asked as he looked at you blankly. "Go on. What is it about her that's so much better than me? What is it?"

"(Y/n) ... I..."

"Go on Harry. Tell me. I know that I was a last resort, but I thought that... well, it doesn't matter now, does it?" You asked, feeling utterly stupid that you ever thought Harry saw you any different.