56. Dobby!

It was December now, so the weather had grown cold and sleety. During Care of Magical Creatures Rita Skeeter appeared out of nowhere and arranged an interview with Hagrid.

"She'll twist everything he says," Harry moaned.

"Just as long as he didn't import those Skrewts illegally or anything," said Hermione.

"But Hagrid's been in a lot of trouble before, right, and Dumbledore's never fired him." You responded,

"Yeah," Ron agreed, "the worst that can happen is Hagrid'll have to get rid of the Skrewts. Sorry... Did I say worse? I meant best." The four of you laughed and headed back to the Castle.

Double Divination wasn't too bad today because Harry and Ron were both in good moods. Since they were now getting along, they were once again able to find it funny. But as usual, Trelawney went on about how death was circling the school like a vulture.

"It'd be a bit more impression if she hadn't done it about eighty times before. but if I'd dropped dead every time, she's told me I'm going to, I'd be a medical miracle." Harry said when you had left the room.

"You'd be some sort of extra concentrated ghost, at least we didn't get homework. I hope Hermione got loads of Professor Vector, I love not working when she is..." Ron said making you quirk an eyebrow but thought it better not to say anything.

But the three of you couldn't find her she wasn't at dinner nor in the library. "Wonder where she's got to?" Ron asked.

"Dunno." You and Harry said together he gave you a confused glance before saying the password. "Balderdash?"

"Was that a question, dear?" The fat lady responded.

"No... It wasn't." Harry clarified as you tried to catch your laughter in a cough unsuccessfully. Just as the fat lady swung open you could hear someone running towards you, it was Hermione,

"Harry!" She panted "Harry, you've got to come, you've got to come, the most amazing things happened, please." She took Harry's arm and started to drag him away from you and Ron.

"What's the matter?" Harry asked, flabbergasted by Hermione's strange behaviour.

"I'll show you when we get there, oh, come on, quick."

"Okay," Harry said, following Hermione.

"Oh, don't mind me! Don't apologise for bothering me! I'll just hang here, wide open, until you get back, shall I?" The Fat Lady growled angrily.

"Yeah, thanks," Ron replied before the two of you ran after Harry and Hermione.

You followed Hermione until you reached a painting of a bowl of fruit. "Oh, hang on..." Harry said slowly as he started to realise what was going on, "wait a minute, Hermione..."

"What?" She asked looking back at the three of you.

"I know what this is about," Harry said nudging you and pointing at the painting.

"Oh..." You returned awkwardly as you nudged Ron as well so that he saw the painting too.

"Hermione!" Ron yelled clearly catching on to what you and Harry had. "You're trying to rope us into that spew stuff again!"

"No, no, I'm not! And it's not spew, Ron..."

"Changed the name, have you? What are we now, then, the House-Elf Liberation Front? I'm not barging into that kitchen and trying to make them stop work, I'm not doing it..." Ron groaned.

"I'm not asking you too!" Hermione said furiously. "I came down here just now, to talk to them all, and I found... Oh, come on, Harry, I want to show you!" She took his arm once more and tickled the pear, it giggled and then the portrait opened. You walked down it behind Hermione with Ron behind you. When Harry emerged from the end of the tunnel a squeaky voice spoke.