24. Mad-Eye's Surprise.

"Miserable old bat," Ron said as the three of you made your way to dinner after Divination. "That'll take all weekend, that will..."

"Lots of homework?" Hermione said, you groaned as a response "Professor Vector didn't give us any at all!"

"Well, bully for Professor Vector." Ron said irritated as you joined the queue for dinner.

"Weasley! Hey, Weasley!" Malfoy called down the hall with his hench men following.

"What?"

"Your dad's in the paper, Weasley!" Malfoy smirked as he waved the daily prophet in the air. "Listen to this!"

'FURTHER MISTAKES AT THE MINISTRY OF MAGIC
It seems as though the ministry of Magic struggles are not yet at an end, writes Rita Skeeter, special correspondent. Recently Under Fire for its poor Crowd Control at the Quidditch World Cup, and still unable to account for the disappearance of one of its witches, the ministry was plugged into fresh embarrassment yesterday by the antics of Arnold Weasley, of the Misuse of Muggle Artefacts Office.

"Imagine them not even getting his name right, Weasley. It's almost as though he's a complete nonentity, isn't it?" Malfoy sniggered before continuing,

'"Arnold Weasley, who was charged with possession of a flying car two years ago, was yesterday involved in a tussle with several muggle law-keepers ('policemen') over a number of highly aggressive dustbins. Mr Weasley appears to have rushed to the aid of 'Mad-Eye' Moody, the age ex-Auror who retired from the ministry when no longer able to tell the difference between a hand shake and an attempted murder. Unsurprisingly, Mr Weasley found, upon arrival at Mr Moody's heavily guarded house, that Mr Moody had once again raised a false alarm. Mr Weasley was forced to modify several memories before he could escape from the police men, but refused to answer Daily Prophet questions about why he had involved the ministry in such an undignified and potentially embarrassing scene.'

"And there's a picture, Weasley! A picture of your parents outside their house if you can call it a house! Your mother could do with losing a bit of weight, couldn't she?" Ron was so furious you thought steam would come out of his ears.

"Get stuffed, Malfoy." Both you and Harry said, but this time neither of you laughed at your synchronisation, you were both so furious to acknowledge it "C'mon, Ron..." Harry said trying to leave the situation.

"Oh yeah, you were staying with them this summer, weren't you, Potter? So, tell me, is his mother really that porky, or is it just the picture?"

"You know your mother, Malfoy?" Harry said as you and Hermione grabbed Ron who had tried to launch himself at Malfoy. "That expression she's got, like she's got something under her nose? Has she always looked like that, or is it just because you were with her?"

"Don't you dare insult my mother, Potter." Malfoy said going slightly pink.

"Keep your fat mouth shut, then." Harry finalised turning to leave. But before you could Malfoy had raised his wand sending a spell at Harry, barely missing his face.

"Oh no you don't, laddie!" You turned in the direction the voice had come from, and Professor Moody was storming up to Malfoy. His wand was pointing at where Malfoy was stood but now in his place was a pure white ferret. The whole room went silent all eyes on Moody. "Did he get you?" He asked Harry.

"No, missed." Harry said.

"Leave it!" Moody yelled.

"Leave what?" Harry asked confused.

"Not you. Him!" Moody growled pointing at Crabbe who was originally about to pick up the ferret but was now rooted to the spot. Moody walked over to Crabbe, Goyle and the ferret, the ferret squealed and started to run away "I don't think so!" Moody roared before levitating the ferret up and down.