87. The Aftermath.

"(Y/n)! " Ron yelled when he saw you.

"Harry?" Hermione asked, you assumed that she was confused that the two of you arrived together.

"Hey, guys." You said attempting a smile.

"Where were you? You said you were just going to get your potions book." Ron asked you.

"And why are you both so filthy?" Hermione said examining you robes.

You first explained how you went down to the dungeon and told them about your encounter with Draco and Snape. You then told them about how you bumped into Fred and George and you saw Harry and Krum walk into the Forest when you had finished helping them. Then Harry went on to tell them what the third task was and that Krum wanted to talk with him and that you joined them shortly after. You and Harry took turns in telling Ron and Hermione what you both had witnessed, occasionally cutting to correct each other on certain things.

"It comes down to this," Hermione said as you started to discuss what could've happened to Crouch. "Either Mr Crouch attacked Viktor or somebody else attacked both of them when Viktor wasn't looking."

"Could've been a bit of both." You suggested.

"It must've been Crouch," Ron said with certainty. "That's why he was gone when you and Dumbledore got there. He'd done a runner."

"I don't think so," Harry disagreed. "He seemed really weak - I don't reckon he was up to Disapparating or anything."

"You can't Disapparate in Hogwarts grounds." You and Hermione corrected at same time.

"Haven't I told you enough times?" Hermione wined.

"Ok... how's this for a theory," Ron said. "Krum attacked Crouch. No wait for it -" He added when he saw all of your faces. (Hermione was furious, Harry had furrowed his eyebrows while you rolled your eyes.) "and then stunned himself."

"And Mr Crouch evaporated, did he?" Hermione huffed angrily.

"No, there must have been someone else there, there must've been." You stressed. "But where would they have come from?" You asked Harry.

"Don't ask me." Harry said. "You're better at this than I am." When Harry said that you grinned widely.

"Well, this whole thing might have cleared one thing up." You sighed.

"What?" Your three friends asked at once.

"Well, it's just a theory." You hesitated but Ron nodded at you to encourage you. "Well, if we assume that Crouch has been acting like this for a while and if the state of his robes imply he hasn't been home a long time. Then it makes sense that he was able to get into Snape's office, and if he was even remotely as mad then as he was today, then he could've given himself any reason to be there. He might not have even known that it was Snape's office."

"That makes sense." Hermione agreed. "But even with that cleared up, if you're right, everything else has gotten a lot more complicated."

"We need a second opinion." You stated. "We should get up early tomorrow and send Sirius a letter. He might know something we don't."

First thing the next morning, you and Hermione waited for Ron and Harry so that you could go up to the Owlery. You were exhausted from talking all night but you had to send the letter to Sirius.

"Just go through it again." Hermione broke the silence. "What did Mr Crouch actually say?"

"I've told you he wasn't making any sense." Harry repeated. "He wanted to warn Dumbledore about something. He definitely mentioned Bertha Jorkins."