71. Hagrid? It's Us!

After class the four of you went to the Great Hall. "That was a really good lesson," Hermione said. "I didn't know half the things Professor Grubbly-Plank told us about uni-"

"Look at this!" Harry said suddenly as he shoved the article under Hermione's nose. Hermione looked just as shocked as you were as she read it,

"How did that horrible Skeeter woman finds out? You don't think Hagrid told her?"

"No of course not." You replied as Harry led the way to the Gryffindor table,

"I agree with (y/n)," Harry grunted tossing himself on to the beach as you sat by him, Hermione and Ron sitting opposite. "Think about it, he never even told us, did he? I reckon she was so mad he wouldn't give her loads of horrible stuff about me, she went ferritin around to get back at him."

"I wouldn't put it past her." You sighed.

"Maybe she heard him tell Madame Maxime at the ball," Hermione suggested.

"We'd have seen her in the garden!" Ron told her. "Anyway, she's not supposed to come into school anymore, Hagrid said Dumbledore banned her..."

"Maybe she's got an Invisibility Cloak," Harry huffed accidentally splashing you with his chicken casserole as he angrily plopped it onto his plate. "Sort of thing she'd do, isn't it, hide in bushes listening to people." You couldn't deny what he said, even if you knew that wasn't quite how Rita was doing it, so you gave a simple twitch of the head in agreement.

"Like you three did, you mean," Hermione said.

"We weren't trying to hear him!" Ron said defending the three of you as you gave Hermione a warning look because Harry was already in a bad mood. "We didn't have any choice! The stupid git, talking about his giantess mother way anyone could have heard him!"

"We've got to go and see him, this evening after Divination. Tell him we want him back... you do want him back?" He quickly added coldly to Hermione.

"I... Well, I'm not going to pretend it didn't make a nice change, having a proper Care of Magical Creatures lesson for once. But I do want Hagrid back, back of course I do!"

---------

That evening after Divination and you had eaten, the four of you went down to Hagrid's. Harry knocked on the door causing Fang to reply with many barks, but no answer.

"Hagrid, it's us!" Harry yelled but still no answer. The four of you tried to get a response but none of you were successful so you decided to head back to the castle.

"What's he avoiding us for?" Hermione asked, "He surely doesn't think we'd care about him being a half-giant?"

"Hermione, I don't think it matters whether we care," you sighed, "It's the fact that he does."

"But still." Hermione huffed.

"This is just great, this is all because Rita wants stuff on me, it's all my fault and now she's targeting the people I'm close to."

"It's not about you, Harry, don't blame yourself." Ron reasurred.

"How can I not, I mean, it is because of me, it's not like someone could have predicted this." Harry grunted, "if any of us knew what was going to happen then we would have stopped it wouldn't we," once Harry said this you stopped dead in your tracks. "You know we wouldve exposed Rita for being on school grounds or something, we wouldn't've just sat back and relaxed like it was some kind of movie"

This really hit you, that's exactly what he said in your dream, you did know what was going to happen and you know what is going to happen and yet you're doing exactly what Harry said, what kind of a person does that make me? You thought to yourself trying not to cry. The others hadn't noticed that you had stopped so you just ran up to the common room alone hoping that no o e would talk to you, ever again.