79. The Second Task.

You made it. But only just. You and Harry ran over to the judges' table where Cedric, Fleur and Krum were waiting and watching you stumble towards them. When you got there you and Harry let go of each others hands so that you could catch your breath.

"I'm... here..." Harry panted.

"Where have you been." A voice said causing you to look up, it was Percy because Mr Crouch, once again, had failed to turn up. "The tasks about to start."

"Now, now, Percy." Said Mr Bagman. "Let him catch his breath!"

"I'm gonna go now, Harry." You huffed only just having caught your own breath.

"Oh... yeah, ok." Harry exhaled getting to his feet so that you could give him a hug.

"Good luck." You said burying your face into his neck and grasping him tightly.

"Thanks." Harry replied before pulling away and winking at you. You turned ready to leave smiling at Cedric and the other two for good luck as well. You caught a glimpse of Dumbledore who seemed to be smiling proudly at you.

You ran over to the stands and found Ginny with Neville, Dean and Seamus, so walked over to them.

"Hey, (y/n)." Ginny said as you approached her.

"Hey, Ginny."

"Have you seen Ron or Hermione."

"No, but I know where they are." You said awkwardly.

"Where?" Ginny asked confused by your tone.

"Down there." You said pointing at the lake.

"What?"

"They're the thing that the Champions have to collect. Ron is Harry's and Hermione went with Ron the same time they disappeared so... I'm assuming that Hermione is Krum's."

"Oh. Do you think they're ok?"

"Yeah, probably dormant or something." Before Ginny could reply Bagman's voice boomed and echoed around the lake.

"Well, all our Champions are ready for the second task, which will start on my whistle. They have precisely an hour to recover what has been taken from them. On the count of three, then. One..." You held your breath as if you were preparing yourself for the cold and wet impact. "Two..." You looked over to Harry, fingers crossed, hoping that you had done all that you can. "Three!" As the whistle blew you knew it was all down to Harry. All four of the Champions leapt into the lake. Now all you had to do was wait... for over an hour...

It had been a while and you could no longer see any of the Champions through the thick water. You just sat there waiting.

"So what, we just wait?" Dean complained clearly getting extremely bored.

"I guess," you answered him, "we should probably just try and entertain ourselves."

"How?" Seamus asked. "You'd think they'd give as a way to actually watch the ting."

"Well, never mind." Ginny sighed. "What should we do?"

"We could just talk." Neville suggested.

"How about a game of Truth or Truth, then?" You suggested also wanting a way to pass the time.

"Well, if it isn't (y/l/n), and her little gang of losers." Malfoy, you internally groaned at the sound of his voice, you always seem to do that when ever you heard him.

"Just bugger off, Malfoy." Seamus said sticking up for you, which you couldn't help but smile at.

"You heard him, Malfoy. Get lost, find something else to play with." You added folding your arms.