16. Diagon Ally

When you all had reached Diagon Ally, the twins left to get what they needed. So, Charlie took you to Ollivander's where you would get your wand. You reached the narrow and shabby shop that had Ollivander's written in gold on the frame. When you and Charlie entered you heard a bell ring, and immediately a soft voice spoke behind you.

"Good afternoon," He made you jump.

"Afternoon,"

"And who might you be?" Ollivander asked peering down at you with his pearly and sparkling, wise eyes.

"I'm (Y/n) (Y/l/n), new student at Hogwarts."

"Ah, yes Dumbledore told me about you, the guardian, I know just the wands that may suit you." He paused creating an eerie silence between you, but he soon noticed Charlie stood in the corner. "Ah, Charlie Weasley, been a while, hmm, twelve inches, Ash and unicorn tail hair if I remember correctly."

"Yes, that's right." Charlie said forcing a smile.

"Brilliant! Now for you, Miss (y/l/n), let me see... which arm is your wand arm?"

"I think, it would be my (left/right)." You said making a weird gesture with that arm, which you regretted straight away.

"Hold out you arm." Mr Ollivander instructed taking a tape measure out of his pocket. He measured from shoulder to finger, wrist to elbow, shoulder to floor, knee to armpit and around your head. Exactly like he had to Harry in the book. "All wands are different, unique, you must never make the same wand twice. It is essential that the wand suits the wizard perfectly."

He then moved over to the shelves taking out boxes of wands and muttering things to himself like 'too flexible' and 'too long' et cetera et cetera... "Ah... try this one, six and two third inch, rather strong, pine wood, with Dragon heartstring." He said handing it to you. You immediately gave it a whirl which sent a box of wood chippings over hitting Charlie in the head.

"Oh my gosh, sorry." You stumbled as Ollivander took the wand away saying,

"Nope, something else I think." After a lot of tries Ollivander gave you another wand. "I wonder." He said in the exact way you imagined he would've in the first book. "Here this is a (y/w)." He stared at you intensely as you took it from him. Once you had touched the wand a warm wind swirled around you and a great blue glow sparking from the tip of the wand.

"Yes, I knew it, not surprising at all." Ollivander squealed, which seemed like an achievement for such an old man.

"I'm sorry, sir, but I don't think I quite understand." You asked.

"Well, Miss (Y/l/n), you are a guardian, which is a most powerful witch or wizard indeed. I have had guardians come into my store before. But no witch or wizard has ever been able to touch that wand, ever." He said dramatically "I think we can expect great things from you, Mr Potter is in great hands." And with that final word he vanished into his shop, leaving you stunned to the spot holding your new wand.

When you left the store, Charlie turned to you "What was that about?" He asked.

"What was what about?" You asked trying to play dumb.

"Ollivander said you were a Guardian. Those are supposed to be really rare; I've heard Bill talk about them. I don't think they've never been Muggle born before, they usually come from a long line of wizards."

"It's a long story, and I don't actually know a lot of it myself. I only know that no one else can find out about this. Dumbledore will tell those he believes should, but no one else, you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. So please promise me you won't tell anyone else about this, especially Harry. It could put his life in danger if the wrong person finds out. I don't want anyone else in your family having to keep a secret from him, especially for Ron and the twins." You pleaded.

"Okay, I understand, speaking of the twins, where are they?" Charlie sighed looking around, the now crowded, Diagon Ally. Not long after he said that you saw the twins walk around the corner a see you, both looking rather glum.

"What's up with you two?" You asked as they approached you and Charlie.

"Nothing, just some unsuccessful shopping." George sighed.

"Well, you two better not be making anymore of you joke sweats, or at least not get caught this time. I don't think any of us can deal with another outburst from Mum. Anyway, that's get back to the flu network and get home." Charlie said leading the way. Before long you were back at the burrow.