78. Gillyweed.

It was two days until the Second Task and you and Harry had been dating for a week, both of you had decided to keep it a secret, not wanting to make a fuss out of it with everything that was going on, so the two of you hid and ran from people a lot. In a way it made your relationship more exciting because you would constantly tease each other by winking or smirking or something subtle like that but it always drove the other one crazy when you did.

You and George would talk occasionally like you used to. But neither of you would flirt, you expected that George was too afraid to now and you were dating Harry so it would be wrong if you did. Plus, your feelings for George had disintegrated once he lost your respect.

Even though you and Harry were happy, you couldn't help feel like you were a distraction because he wasn't eating properly and still didn't have a way to breath under water.

One breakfast morning Harry recieved an owl from Sirius asking him to send the next date of the Hogsmeade weekend. So he did. Hagrid was teaching again as well, not only that but he was continuing the unicorn lessons that Grubbly-Plank had started.

------

It was the evening before the task and Harry still hadn't found anything to help him, so you, Harry, Ron and Hermione were in the Library looking for anything that could help.

"I don't reckon it can be done." Ron said.

"Not helping, Ron." You said as you finished yet another book.

"But there's nothing. Nothing. Closest was that thing to dry up puddles and ponds, that Drought Charm, but that was nowhere near powerful enough to drain the lake."

"There must be something," Hermione almost wined, "They'd never have set a task that was undoable."

"They have," said Ron, "Harry, just go down to the lake tomorrow, right, stick you head in," by that you were already giggling at Ron's suggestion, "yell at the merpeople to give back whatever they've nicked and see if they chuck it out. Best you can do, mate."

"Yeah that'll be attractive." You smirked at Harry who raised an eyebrow at your comment, before sighing.

"I know what I should've done, I should've learnt to be an Animagus like Sirius."

"Yeah, you could've turned into a goldfish anytime you wanted!" Ron agreed.

"Or a frog," Harry said yawning and you simply snorted.

"It takes years to become an Animagus, and then you have to register and everything," Hermione told them as if it was ridiculous to suggest such a thing. "Professor McGonagall told us, remember... you've got to register yourself with the Improper Use of Magic Office... what animal you become, and your markings, so you can't abuse it..."

"Hermione I was joking" Harry told her. "I know I haven't got I chance of turning into a frog by tomorrow morning..."

"Plus I heard that to become an Animagus you have to hold a Mandrake leaf in your mouth for a whole month." You said calmly and your three friends looked at you like you were insane. "What? it's true."

"Oh, this is no use," Hermione nearly yelled slamming her book shut. "Who on earth wants to make their nose hair grow into ringlets?"

"I wouldn't mind," Fred's voice said behind you. "Be a talking point, wouldn't it?" The four of you turned your head to she Fred and George behind some bookshelves.

"What're you two doing here?" Ron asked.

"Looking for you," George replied. "McGonagall wants you, Ron. And you, Hermione."