70. We All Hate Hagrid.

The next day you, Harry and Ron told Hermione about the conversation you had overheard and Hermione and Ron were on speaking terms again, it was almost as if they hadn't had an argument at all, for the rest of half term you mostly did homework and avoided George a lot, you just weren't ready to speak to him after everything that the two of you had talked about a month ago he was still jealous and you just couldn't deal with that.

When the term started, your routine didn't change much because you were either reading or doing homework. It was time for your first Care of Magical Creatures lesson since the term had started again and snow still covered the grounds this meant that you really struggled to walk down to Hagrid's. When you got there, however, it wasn't Hagrid stood waiting it was a women.

"Hurry up, now, the bell rang five minutes ago,"

"Who're you?" Ron asked.

"Yeah, and where's Hagrid?" You also asked.

"My name is Professor Grubbly-Plank, I am your temporary Care of Magical Creatures teacher." She replied completely ignoring your question.

"Where's Hagrid?" Harry repeated slightly louder than you had as if he assumed she just couldn't hear you.

"He is indisposed," she replied briefly.

"That makes it sound like he's dead." You muttered to Harry just as you heard a rawcus of laughter from behind you and obviously it was Malfoy and the other Slytherins looking far to happy, so much so that it made you feel nauseous.

"This way, please," Professor Grubbly-Plank called, so you, Harry, Ron and Hermione chased after her.

"What's wrong with Hagrid?" Harry asked.

"Never you mind,"

"I do mind though," Harry replied clearly annoyed that she was being so vague and judgemental. "What's up with him?" But she ignored him which irritated you even more.

"Listen," you sighed, "we're not trying to be nosy irritating students, we just genuinely care fo..." but you were cut off by your own amazement. In front of you was an enormous beautiful unicorn, the sight gained collective oooh that was mostly lead by Lavender and Parvati.

"Oh, it's so beautiful!" Lavender whispered in awe. "How did she get it? They're supposed to be really hard to catch!" She was right it was beautiful it was so white that it put the snow to shame and it's hooves sparkled a glistening gold.

"Boys keep back!" Professor Grubbly-Plank growled as she flung her arms out hitting Harry in the chest. "They prefer the women's touch, unicorns. Girls in front, and approach with care. Come on easy does it..." Honestly you couldn't be bothered to go up to the unicorn; yes, it was pretty to look at but that didn't surprise you, you had been perfectly fine knowing that unicorns didn't exist before you came to the wizarding world and weren't too fussed even now that they did, so you stayed with Harry and Ron.

"What d'you reckon's wrong with him?" Harry asked once Grubbly-Plank was out of earshot, "you don't think a Skrewt..."

"Oh, he hasn't been attacked, Potter, if that's what you're thinking," it was Malfoy, again, "No, he's just too ashamed to show his big ugly face."

"What are you on about, Malfoy." You snarled rolling your eyes at his mere existence. When you said this Malfoy took a folded page of the Daily Profit out of his robe pocket. "Did you seriously keep that in you pocket?" You asked but he ignored you and looked at Harry.

"There you go, hate to break it to you, Potter..." Harry snatched the paper and the three of you began to read it.

Dumbledore's Giant Mistake
Albus Dumbledore, eccentric Headmaster of Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry, has never being afraid to make controversial staff appointments, writes Rita Skeeter, Special Correspondent. In September of this year, he hired Alastor 'Mad-Eye' Moody, the notoriously jinx-happy ex-Auror, to teach defence against the Dark Arts, a decision that caused many raised eyebrows at the ministry of magic, given Moody's well-known habit of attacking anybody who makes a sudden movement in his presence. Mad-Eye Moody, however, looks responsible and kindly, when sat beside the part human Dumbledore employees to teach care of Magical Creatures.
Rubeus Hagrid, who admits to being expelled from Hogwarts in his third year, has enjoyed the position of gamekeeper at the school ever since, a job secured for him by Dumbledore. Last year, however Hagrid used his mysterious influence over the Headmaster to secure the additional post of Care of Magical Creatures teacher, over the heads of many better-qualified candidates.
An alarmingly large and ferocious-looking man, Hagrid has been using his new-found authority to terrify the students in his care with a succession of horrific creatures. While Dumbledore turns a blind eye, Hagrid has maimed several pupils during a series of lessons which many admit to be 'very frightening'.
'I was attacked by a Hippogriff, and my friend Vincent Crabbe got a bite from a Flobberworm, says Draco Malfoy, a fourth-year student. 'We all hate Hagrid but we're just too scared to say anything.'
Hagrid has no intention of ceasing his campaign of intimidation, however. In conversation with a Daily Prophet reporter last month, he admitted breading creatures he has dubbed "Blast-Ended Skrewts", highly dangerous crosses between manticores and Fire crabs. The creation of New breeds of magical creature is, of course, and activity usually closely observed by the department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. Hagrid, it seems, considers himself to be above such Petty restrictions.
"I was just having some fun", he says, before hastily changing the subject.
As if this were not enough, the Daily Prophet has now unearthed evidence that Hagrid is not, as he has always pretended, a pure blood wizard. He is not, in fact, even pure human. His mother, we can exclusively reveal, is none other than the giantess Fridwulfa, whose whereabouts are currently unknown.
Bloodthirsty and brutal, the Giants brought them self to the point of extinction by warring among themselves during the last century. The handful that remained joined the ranks of He Who Must Not Be Named, and were responsible for some of the worst mass muggle killings of his reign of terror.
While many of the Giants who served He Who Must Not Be Named were killed by Aurors working against the dark side, Fridwulfa was not among them. It is possible she escaped to one of the Triad community still existing in foreign mountain ranges. If his antics during Care of Magical Creatures lessons are any guide, however, Fridwulfa's son appears to have inherited her brutal nature.
In a bizarre twist, Hagrid is reputed to have developed a close friendship with the boy who brought about you know who's fall from power, thereby driving Hagrid's own mother, like the rest of You-know-Who's  supporters, into hiding. Perhaps Harry Potter is unaware of the unpleasant truth about his large friend, but Dumbledore surely has a duty to ensure that Harry Potter, along with his fellow students, is warned about the dangers of associating with part Giants.

"How did she find out?" Ron whispered once you had finished reading.

"No idea." You whispered back rubbing your forehead in concern.

"What do you mean, 'We all hate Hagrid'?" Harry said to Malfoy in pure anger. "What's this rubbish about him" Harry said pointing at Crabbe "getting a bad bite off a Flubberworm? They haven't even got teeth!"

"Well, I think this should put an end to the oath's teaching career, Half-giant... and was me think he swallowed a bottle of Skele-Gro when he was young... None of the mummies and daddies are going to like this at all... They'll be worried he'll eat their kids, ha, ha..."

"Why you little piece o..." You scolded starting to near Malfoy when...

"Are you paying attention over there?" Grubbly-Plank called, "you, girl, why aren't you over here with the others?" You relaxed and rolled you eyes and Malfoy gave you a smirk, you returned it before turning around and joining Hermione. Spending the rest of the lesson watching the unicorn.