105. So Long.

The next morning Madam Pomfrey said that you were free to go. Turns out you had broken your collar bone and sprained one of your ankles as well as a few other minor injuries. Pomfrey also explained that if you had in fact performed Physical Projection then it would have put a lot of strain on your brain, especially since it was the first time you had done so meaning that even magic would have trouble curing your injuries. So, she said that it was best to keep your sling on for the rest of the term, to help you collar bone heal properly. You left the hospital wing with Harry. Neither you nor Harry went to breakfast. Neither of you even spoke to each other. You just sat with each other. Holding each other. Until Dumbledore had the two of you talk to Cedric's parents. They were incredibly understanding and did not blame either of you for Cedric's death and actually thanked you both for returning his body to them. Harry did offer them the winning money, but they refused.

According to Hermione and Ron, Dumbledore had told everyone at breakfast to not pester you and Harry. Telling them to leave the two of you alone. Which, thankfully, everyone did. Even Fred and George left you alone, although you could tell that they both desperately wanted to. The only people you talked to were Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Well, you also talked to Dean. Only briefly since the two of you could only talk about what you wanted to in private and ever since that night Harry would be hyper aware of your whereabouts. But you did manage to talk to Dean. You explained everything you knew and everything that happened. He promised you that he wouldn't tell anyone about it, you didn't need him to because you knew he wouldn't, but you appreciated his kind gesture. The two of you also agreed that Dean would try his best to understand everything there is to know about Guardianism and being an apprentice. He insisted upon it, actually. He wanted to make sure that you were no longer surprised by sudden displays of power or surprise visits into each other's subconscious. You hadn't had one of your guardian nightmares at all since the graveyard either.

The only other person that you, Harry, Ron, and Hermione spoke to was Hagrid. He managed to bring a smile to Harry's face which you were incredibly thankful for. He told the four of you that Dumbledore had given him a mission, but he wasn't allowed to tell you what it was. He mentioned that he thought that Madame Maxime might agree to help him with it. You were happy to see that he had made up with Maxime although when Ron mentioned that he brushed off the comment insisting that he didn't know what Ron was talking about.

It wasn't long until the Leaving Feast. It would be the first time since the third task that you had gone to the Great Hall while it was packed with students. You and Harry had preferred the silence of the almost empty hall while you ate for the past week. Once again you were cursed by foresight. Knowing that this meal Dumbledore would talk about Cedric. You weren't ready for that. At least not yet. But you had no choice. The feast was very different to any of the feasts you had attended throughout the year. While you had never attended a Leaving Feast before you knew that the decorations were different than usual. Instead of the banners of whoever's house won the house cup there were black drapes hanging from the ceiling. As you entered the Great Hall with your friends you didn't pay much attention to anything. You didn't want to be aware of any attention that might be directed at you. Your gaze was so casual and relaxed that you almost had a heart attack when you saw Moody sat at the staff table. You had become so accustomed to regarding his appearance as Barty Crouch Jr you had to give yourself a moment to process the fact that he was now the real Alastor 'Mad-Eye' Moody. You sat in silence playing with your goblet that merely held water. It wasn't until Dumbledore stood up, ergo gaining the attention of every person within the hall, that you lifted your own head.

"The end, of another year." He sighed looking over to the Hufflepuff table for a moment. "There is much that I would like to say to you all tonight, but I must first acknowledge the loss of a very fine person, who should be sitting here," Dumbledore said referring to the Hufflepuff table. "Enjoying our feast with us. I would like you all, please, to stand, and raise your glasses, to Cedric Diggory."