19. The Hogwarts Express.

You, Harry, Ron and Hermione went back to your compartment. "Bagman wanted to tell us what's happening at Hogwarts, at the World Cup remember? But my own Mother won't say. I wonder what..." Ron said grumpily before Hermione shushed him pointing to the compartment next to them.

"... Father actually considered sending me to Durmstrang rather than Hogwarts, you know. He knows the headmaster you see. Well, you know his opinion of Dumbledore... The man's such a Mudblood-lover... and Durmstrang doesn't admit that sort of riffraff. But Mother didn't like the idea of me going to school so far away. Father says Durmstrang takes a far more sensible line than Hogwarts about the Dark Arts. Durmstrang students actually learn them, not just the defence rubbish we do..." Hermione got up and shut the compartment door to muffle out Malfoy's voice.

"So, he thinks Durmstrang would have suited him, does he? I wish he had gone, then we wouldn't have had to put up with him." Hermione said angrily.

"Durmstrang's another wizarding school?" Harry asked.

"Yes, and it's got a horrible reputation. According to 'An Appraisal of Magical Education in Europe', it puts a lot of emphasis on the Dark Arts." Hermione stated.

" I think I've heard of it, where is it? What country?"

"Well, no one knows, do they?" Hermione raised her eyebrows as she said this.

"Why not?" You asked.

"There's traditionally been a lot of rivalry between all the magic schools. Durmstrang and Beauxbatons like to conceal their whereabouts so nobody can steal their secrets." Hermione told you, Harry and Ron.

"Come off it, Durmstrang's got to be about the same size as Hogwarts, how are you going to hide a dirty great Castle?" Ron said in disbelief.

"Hogwarts is hidden" you pointed out.

"Yeah, everybody knows that..." Hermione said stiffly "Well, everyone who's read Hogwarts: A History, anyway."

"So, just you and (Y/n), did you force her to read it?"

"No, I simply offered her the book."

"Yeah, with fifty others, she's been reading the past week."

"I didn't force her to do it she did it at her own accord." You tried to get involved in the argument since it was about you. But Harry gave you a warning shake of the head as if to say leave-them-to-it. "I was just being kind; I didn't want her to be thrown into the deep end starting in her fourth year and everything."

"Alright, go on then... how d'you hide a place like Hogwarts?" Ron asked ending the argument.

"It's bewitched." Hermione said calming down. "If a muggle looks at it, all they see is a mouldering old ruin with a sign over the entrance saying. DANGER, DO NOT ENTER, UNSAFE."

"So Durmstrang'll just look like a ruin to an outsider, too?"

"Maybe, or it might have Muggle-Repelling Charms on it, like the World Cup stadium. And to keep foreign wizards from finding it, they have made it Unplottable..."

"Come again?"

"Well, you can enchant a building so it's impossible to plot on a map, can't you?"

"If you say so," you and Harry said together once again, that time Harry looked at you with a What-the-fuck? expression which you replied with a I-have-no-fucking-clue look back.

"But I think Durmstrang must be somewhere in the far north. Somewhere very cold because they've got fur capes as part of their uniforms."

"Ah, think of the possibilities, it would have been so easy to push Malfoy off a glacier and make it look like an accident... Shame his mother likes him..." Ron sighed making you and Harry laugh, though Hermione tried to look like she didn't find it funny.